Can't update firmware

Reaction score
Okay, the gory details....new P4, iPad Mini 2. Started initial start up. Powered up drone, powered up remote, turned on iPad. iPad already connected to remote. DJI Go says to do a IMU calibration, it does that without a hitch. Then it tells me there is a firmware update. It downloads fine, tells me to plug into the drone.

I unplug from the remote and plug it into drone. Time passes, then I get a message saying update failed. It's done this about 5 times and I don't wanna screw anything up. What am I doing wrong?

Try following these instructions. If that fails, you can also try upgrading via the DJI Assistant -- like this:

The Assistant appears to be working. Does it tell you if just the a/c, batteries, or controller need updated, or do you just do all of them?

The assistant will just do the craft and the battery that's in it.

The new firmware will then upgrade your other batteries as you plug them it. If a battery needs upgrading. you'll get a message in DJI-Go that reads something like "a module needs updating". Click OK and the battery will be updated.

The controller gets its updates from the net.. These usually go pretty smoothly.

The Assistant will upgrade the firmware on your Phantom, remote controller, and current battery. See step #20 here for details on updating your spare batteries. If they need to be updated, you'll see an "inconsistent firmware found" message when you enter the camera view in DJI GO.

Okay, the gory details....new P4, iPad Mini 2. Started initial start up. Powered up drone, powered up remote, turned on iPad. iPad already connected to remote. DJI Go says to do a IMU calibration, it does that without a hitch. Then it tells me there is a firmware update. It downloads fine, tells me to plug into the drone.

I unplug from the remote and plug it into drone. Time passes, then I get a message saying update failed. It's done this about 5 times and I don't wanna screw anything up. What am I doing wrong?
The last update I did the same thing and it failed several times. Then I tried after unpluging my tablet from the RC I turned off the RC befor connecting the drone and then it worked.

I got my P4 today and I faced same problem of error during upgrade using my iPad and iPhone , but when I tried with Android phone it worked and updated the firmware successfully.. Try it

Sent from my YU5530 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I tried updating my P4 firmware (01.02.0602) to the latest firmware using the latest DJI Go4 app, after 5..10 sec get "update failed" message. So I thought I would try updating with DJI Assist 2 (latest version) on my mac and I get the same update failed message. I followed msingers instructions...grrr

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20