Can't update -- Can't connect

Reaction score
I want to fly today and have charged some batteries, but I knew that I was supposed to login after the latest app update. So I fired up the drone, RC and tablet and get the message to connect the tablet to the bird using the USB cable and when I do I get no prompt to 'continue' and no indication of how I'm supposed to continue. So, the tablet to bird thing didn't work so I tried using the DJI Assistant 2 app and that won't connect to the bird either -- I get the animation showing the USB cable needing to be plugged in but plugging it in does nothing. Yes, the bird was powered up and the USB cable was plugged in. I tired powering up the DJI Assistant app before plugging in the USB cable -- no help. I tried starting the DJI Assistant app THEN powering up the bird -- no help. I've updated the firmware 4 or 5 times so far and have not had this failure to connect problem before.

DJI is just dreadful at coding software as far as comm sync connection is concerned and it's not just the RC <--> Tablet problem but now also the PC <--> Bird connection.

Has anyone else had this problem and do you have a solution for it.

I should add that although today was the first time I tried to connect the bird/RC/tablet and was expecting to be prompted to re-enter my credentials I have not been prompted for that.

DJI is really pissing me off with there: pathetic communications code, non-existent guidance, and utter contempt for there customers!

Brian

Hey Brian! Dang that is sucking man! First question, did you have internet while you were trying to do all this with your tablet? I did mine in the field as well. And I had to use my phone as a hotspot to go through the log in part. Other than that it was cake.

Reactions: embayweather
Hey Brian! Dang that is sucking man! First question, did you have internet while you were trying to do all this with your tablet? I did mine in the field as well. And I had to use my phone as a hotspot to go through the log in part. Other than that it was cake.

I was not in the field but was in my apartment and yes, I had internet the whole time.

Brian

I was not in the field but was in my apartment and yes, I had internet the whole time.

Brian
Wow! Ok. Have you tried deleting the app and reloading it? Also, have you tried doing all your updates with the Go app only and not use Assistant? Thats what I went to several months ago and has really worked well.

Brian! I think it's the new firmware update that just came out today! All you have to do is re link your craft to your TX. Try that!

I tried updating the firmware via Assistant 2 but could not connect to the drone. I also tried performing the update via the G 4 app, but that didn't work either. With the Go 4 app up and connected to the bird it does the version check and then says that a firmware update is required but when I click on that button a screen pops up telling me to connect the drone to the tablet with the USB cable. OK, to do that I need to unplug the USB cable that connects the tablet to the RC and then connect the USB cable between the tablet and the drone, but as soon as I disconnect the cable between the RC and tablet the Go 4 app drops out to the 'Enter Device' screen and when the USB cable is connected between the tablet and drone nothing happens -- I get no option to continue etc.

So, I can not complete the firmware update using ANY method and I've done this numerous times before without a problem. At this point I'm dead in the water without any options. I'm tired of this crap...

Brian

I tried updating the firmware via Assistant 2 but could not connect to the drone. I also tried performing the update via the G 4 app, but that didn't work either. With the Go 4 app up and connected to the bird it does the version check and then says that a firmware update is required but when I click on that button a screen pops up telling me to connect the drone to the tablet with the USB cable. OK, to do that I need to unplug the USB cable that connects the tablet to the RC and then connect the USB cable between the tablet and the drone, but as soon as I disconnect the cable between the RC and tablet the Go 4 app drops out to the 'Enter Device' screen and when the USB cable is connected between the tablet and drone nothing happens -- I get no option to continue etc.

So, I can not complete the firmware update using ANY method and I've done this numerous times before without a problem. At this point I'm dead in the water without any options. I'm tired of this crap...

Brian
So your bird is not linked to your RC at all? Did you try re linking? I thought your AC was already updated to the latest firmware?

So your bird is not linked to your RC at all? Did you try re linking? I thought your AC was already updated to the latest firmware?

No, no, no, the bird connects to the RC just fine -- green LED etc! I can't connect the bird to the PC to update via Assistant and I can't get the Go 4 app to perform the update either.

Brian

No, no, no, the bird connects to the RC just fine -- green LED etc! I can't connect the bird to the PC to update via Assistant and I can't get the Go 4 app to perform the update either.

Brian
Oh ok I'm with ya now. I flew yesterday and have not today. So I may have same thing today. I'll let ya know. But I have already done the sign in thing with the app update. But I have not yet had to do this new firmware update yet. I just hope it fixes my gimble twitch. lol

I have a P4P+ and the update went fine with a few glitches, I keep canceling the NFZ update for now because the language says that DJI is taking control of any restricted airspace and will not let you fly.

The issue I seemed to have was the bird wouldn't connect to RC via USB until the battery was well above 50%, but after a partial charge everything went fine and both battery types updated also.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj