Can't Turn Motors ON.....

Reaction score
I just got a P330D, used on "that auction place" (yes...I know). On first power on, the attached gimbals didn't go to "home" position, they just continuously flopped around, and the rotor motors would not power on. I did seem to get the correct start up self test sequence, and a flashing yellow light until I powered on the controller and then it went flashing green.
I downloaded the NAVA software, and was able to connect to the unit just fine. I am able to see all control movements, and they appear to be calibrated correctly (both joysticks start at center). I did change the gimbal limits to 500 from 1000 (max). I am also able to successfully do a motor test, the correct motors responded in sequence, and I successfully did a calibration.
Now, even though power up still appears correct and the gimbals have power (on-board LED's are lit) it does nothing on power up (hangs limply) and I still can not fly. This unit was supposed to be working, and from all I have read, should be. The LiPo battery was just fully charged, batteries in the controller are new. The gimbal is for a GoPro, but there is no camera attached.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

P.S. - it was shipped from CA to IN inside it's foam lined hard shell carrying case designed for the Phantom.

Daedalus said:
The gimbal is for a GoPro, but there is no camera attached.

The gimbal is calibrated to the Gopro weight being on it. When the weight is missing the resulting operation of the gimbal will be erratic.

It could be that powering the gimbal that first time without the camera on has damaged it.
Regarding the no-starting, are you using the correct CSC action on the controller?
Reading the downloadable manuals on the DJI site is essential, and there are a lot of helpful videos on youtube.

4wd said:
It could be that powering the gimbal that first time without the camera on has damaged it.
Regarding the no-starting, are you using the correct CSC action on the controller?
Reading the downloadable manuals on the DJI site is essential, and there are a lot of helpful videos on youtube.
I hope the gimbal isn't damaged. It only stopped moving after I changed the parameters in the software, (I tried 4 or 5 times to start up prior to that) so I am hoping it is simply "confused". More reading to come on that.
I did read the DJI Wiki info (including: http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phantom-Turn_on_the_TX) and the only thing I saw about the controller was to hold the throttle full down, and have both IOC and Mode Control switches up, and I did that. Did I miss something?

Daedalus said:
the only thing I saw about the controller was to hold the throttle full down, and have both IOC and Mode Control switches up, and I did that. Did I miss something?
Apparently yes!
You start the motors by pushing both sticks down and towards each other, then release, let it idle for a few seconds.
Take off by giving it a good burst of throttle - left stick only.
Don't do this gently or it can tip over. Pretty much full throttle immediately, but as soon as it's about head height release and it should hover.

4wd said:
Daedalus said:
the only thing I saw about the controller was to hold the throttle full down, and have both IOC and Mode Control switches up, and I did that. Did I miss something?
Apparently yes!
And that is why I joined the forum! The devil, as they say, is ALWAYS in the details.

THANKS!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj