Can't seem to get DJI GO into waypoint mode

Reaction score
I have a P3A, and an iPad Mini 2 with the DJI GO app. After I takeoff, I try putting the switch to the "F" position, but nothing happens. The DJI video about the waypoint feature shows a dialog popping up on the screen regarding waypoints. Nothing happens on mine. I DO have that "multiple flight mode" switch set to on. I tried pressing all over the screen to see if there was something else I needed to do to "activate" that dialog after I put the switch to F, but I don't find anything.

What am I doing wrong?

You got your app and firmware all up-to-date with versions that support those features?
Is that required? All the other posts about drones falling from the sky due to the latest updates have left me too scared to try that.

Sent via Tapatalk on my Android phone. Good news; Tapatalk sucks less than it used to.

The DJI GO app is the latest, that is it. Everything else is at whatever they shipped with a week ago.

Sent via Tapatalk on my Android phone. Good news; Tapatalk sucks less than it used to.

I've read a lot of posts and I have not see all of these posts about drones dropping because of the latest firmware update.

There's been quite a few posts referencing crashes and recent firmware updates. I don't think that any conclusively proved it is the firmware update, but it is enough to make me nervous. Look for posts about sudden critical voltage level (such as 57%) and having it crash or emergency land, etc. There's been a bunch.

But... should I do it? My hope is those are coincidences or rare exceptions, but what do I know... it is working fine now except I can't use waypoints. Oh, and I've also seen some posts saying the range has been reduced by an update... that's also making me nervous.

Okay, I updated the firmware. It seems to have been successful. It is night time, but I took it out anyway to make sure I could see the waypoints UI, and I do. (I'm not going to test out actual waypoint recordings though in the dark!)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31