Can't seem to connect P2 to software assistant

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just installed my brand new phantom 2 with a h3-3d gimbal but i can't seem to set a Failsafe switch or IOC. All these parameters look very confusing and i don't know how to connect them together. ALSO I cannot move the gimbal with the controller. I dont know what to do and some help would be much appreciated.

Did you download the windows driver? - http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... taller.exe
You must install the driver for the pc to recognize the phantom.

To enable IOC you have to be in naza mode, not phantom mode. Top right of assistant where it says phantom, click on that and it will change to naza mode. Then IOC etc can be activated. Explanation of IOC etc can be found in Naza manual - http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... .26_en.pdf

For the gimbal, connect handset to pc, run "RC assistant" software, calibrate sticks and x1 (the gimbal lever on back). When done turn off remote, remove from pc, shut RC assistant.
Then connect phantom to pc, turn on remote, turn on phantom, run phantom assistant and calibrate sticks and X1 again in there. Then your gimbal should work unless there is another problem (let us know).

You can also set your s1 (right switch) lower position to failsafe in the assistant.

Hi,

I have just done everything you said and it worked perfectly, however the x1 gimbal control pitch doesn't work at all, even when i try to calibrate it in the phantom assistant and the Rc assistant, there is absolutely no movement. What could i do ?

It's probably the lever. It is not making good contact with the pot on the circuit board inside. You could ask for a new transmitter or try and fix yourself. Careful of antenna if you open it up.

MrC said:
It's probably the lever. It is not making good contact with the pot on the circuit board inside. You could ask for a new transmitter or try and fix yourself. Careful of antenna if you open it up.

I tried fooling around with this last night. I pried up on the pot a little but wimped out in fear of breaking something. I'm going to try messing with it again tonight. What happens if you manually rotate the pot with the cover off and nothing happens? That would rule out lever contact as the culprit, and present a deeper problem, no?

OI Photography said:
gcvt said:
That would rule out lever contact as the culprit, and present a deeper problem, no?

Pretty much, at that point I would start checking solder points and wiring. It could just be a bad pot too.

That's what I was afraid of. Well, I'll mess with it some more and see what happens. I'm still within the return window for the P2 itself. Still not 100% sure it's the P2 or the gimbal but it's looking more and more like the P2.

Yep could be a bad pot etc. I've seen loads of people who have had the problem with the lever though and it's usually the lever/pot interface. If you remove the lever or have it open, just turn the pot with a screwdriver or whatever and see if it registers in the RC software. Make sure you adjust the correct pot, there is another one right underneath, leave that one alone.

A lot of people have removed the pot and lever and installed their own rotary pot on the front of the transmitter for better gimbal control. I've got the bits here to do mine, just need to get round to it.

If it doesn't work with the screwdriver and you don't want to do your own pot mod, get onto who you bought it from and see if you can get just a replacement transmitter. Quite a few have done but depends on the shop etc I guess.

Once you get it working, go through the calibration procedure again.

MrC said:
Yep could be a bad pot etc. I've seen loads of people who have had the problem with the lever though and it's usually the lever/pot interface. If you remove the lever or have it open, just turn the pot with a screwdriver or whatever and see if it registers in the RC software. Make sure you adjust the correct pot, there is another one right underneath, leave that one alone.

A lot of people have removed the pot and lever and installed their own rotary pot on the front of the transmitter for better gimbal control. I've got the bits here to do mine, just need to get round to it.

If it doesn't work with the screwdriver and you don't want to do your own pot mod, get onto who you bought it from and see if you can get just a replacement transmitter. Quite a few have done but depends on the shop etc I guess.

Once you get it working, go through the calibration procedure again.

Thank you for your assistance. That goes for OI as well, and everyone else.

After...what time is it?...2.5 more hours of messing around inside the controller, many updates, software crashes (Mac), etc. It's somewhat working. Can only get the camera to pitch 45° down on a maxed out setting but I'll figure that out. Main problem now is that 50% of the time I fire her up the camera does a strange dance and ends up facing down and to the left. If I power cycle, it does its normal dance. Cycle again and it faces down and to the left again. Ugh.

Second problem is the compass error I get after upgrading the software. The popup window says: "Abnormal compass data. Please restart the Flihgt (seriously) Controller or reconnect the compass due to the loose connection. If this error continues, please contact your dealer of DJI customer service." This is after recent compass calibration.

Oh well, making progress I suppose. Still don't trust it though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4