Can't see display

Reaction score
Is it normal on a sunny day to not be able to see my IPhone 6 Plus display? I use a black shield box that covers the bottom, back and sides of the iPhone, I also have the brightness turned all the way up. What can I do to improve the display quality???

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It is normal to face such issues on sunny days. People use shades and anti reflective films. Nothing really works until you have long dark enclosure.

iPads and tablets appear to be better.

One solution is to go for bright field monitors having 1000cd/m2 connected on to HDMI port or use goggles. Every one can't fly with goggles on.

Most mobile devices are hard to see when it's sunny outside. The absolute best thing you can do is stand in a shady area. If that's not possible, then look into purchasing an anti-reflective mat for your screen -- like this one.

I have the same problem with my 6 Plus, the screen is so dark I can barely see anything. I bought a hood/shade as well but am yet to try it out.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

DJI makes nice iPhone/iPad Mini shades. Some light can still sneak in depending on how you stand, but it's a lot better than flying with no shade.

Try Hoodman covers. They work really well and once you get the hang of them they are easy to put on.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have the same issue with my iPhone 6s Plus. Glare galore!!! I have the DJI hood for my phone but all it seems to do is block the sun from hitting the device. You have to turn up the brightness a lot to see the screen. So make sure your battery is charged well if you are planning to use your phone later in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers