Can't save pictures or video

Reaction score
Hi - Newbie here.

Received my Phantom Vision today, charged batteries and set everything up.

Took it out at sunset on a mildly windy day and everything went fine except that I couldn't capture anything! :(
I did replace the included micro SD card with a larger capacity one I bought on Amazon (SanDisk SDSDQUA-064G-U46A Ultra 64 GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card 30MB/s).

First thing I did upon establishing a wifi connection with the Vision app was format the card, which seemed to go fine.

I landed the Vision, took the card out, popped it back in and flew again but no luck saving pics or vid. Any ideas on what I need to try?

Tomorrow I plan on trying it with the microSD card that came with the Vision, but its only 4GB.

I know some video formats won't transfer to the iPhone. But they are on the chip. Did you try the chip in a computer?

The specifications for the Vision state the max size SD card you can use is a 32GB...

Luckily you bought it from Amazon, so I would do a return and get the 32GB equivalent. That will work without issue (as will the stock 4GB card when you try it tomorrow).

FWIW I use a 16GB Sandisk class 10 card and as I transfer everything to my laptop after each flight I can't see me running up against the limits of that any time soon - I'd need more batteries than I can afford for that!

Pull_Up said:
The specifications for the Vision state the max size SD card you can use is a 32GB...

Luckily you bought it from Amazon, so I would do a return and get the 32GB equivalent. That will work without issue (as will the stock 4GB card when you try it tomorrow).

FWIW I use a 16GB Sandisk class 10 card and as I transfer everything to my laptop after each flight I can't see me running up against the limits of that any time soon - I'd need more batteries than I can afford for that!

UGH! I didn't check the specs before ordering.
Thanks for pointing this out. User error I guess :oops:

myvrodrocks said:
I know some video formats won't transfer to the iPhone. But they are on the chip. Did you try the chip in a computer?
Chip worked fine on computer. It must be the size limitation mentioned.

@elmoli - Get your firmware upgraded now before doing any more flying so you don't have to experience the dreaded "invalid battery" / "0% battery left" / initiate Emergency Auto-Landing issue.

iDrone

I did a flight yesterday and I usually stop recording before I shut the Vision off, but this time I shut the Phantom Vision off while recording and the file was corrupted on my memory card. Tested it again and stopped recording before powering down Vision and success.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.