Can't remove props from P2

Reaction score
Rookie mistake. Picked up 4-props on Amazon that are self tightening carbon fiber. They weren't bad but they did chip on a fall. I'm replacing with DJI Props (self tightening) but of course I can't get the old ones off. See shot below. If you've had this problem how did you get around it? I have one prop off and can't get the other three off. I'm worried about effecting my anti-gravity motors.

I did try the tool that the phantom came with. Even on the motor that doesn't have a prop on it I can't see how this will help.

I appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0664.JPG
    IMG_0664.JPG
    237.4 KB · Views: 909
the tool that came with my V3 does not fit the motors on my phantom,
i emailed the company a week ago but no response, i'll give it some more
time as it is the holiday...

i ended up using a pair of channel locks with some cardboard on the jaws
to hold the motor while i spun off a prop (after a backflip crash)

Strange. You must have the wrong tool as mine makes it easy to remove the rotors. Yes, I call them rotors as that is what they are. :)

DJI is known for poor customer service, unfortunately. Do a Google search for Phantom tools. You should find some RC store that sells it. It might be worth buying it than waiting on DJI.

YA the tool for the DJI motors do not fit the slots on the T motors at all. But you seemed to figure out what I was going to say is the only way I have found that works if you have a prop on real tight on the t motors which is pliers to hold the bell of the t motors.

Being I happen to be a tool maker and a metal worker I even have been meaning to modify the dji wrench to also have a slot on the back end that will fit my t motors I haven't gotten around to it yet being its still a lot easier to use my pliers that are rubber dipped on the business end to take off my props then it is to cut out the needed slot to make a wrench fit.

Spoke with the people over at http://www.dslrpros.com, they do not make a tool that works with the anti-gravity motors. Spoke with Josh (I believe) he said he spoke with three techs. They all suggested using something to hold the motor. I surely could have done that this weekend. Just don't want to break anything.

Not much chance of breaking any thing as long as you dont grip the bodys with the pliers hard enough to bend the steel housing. Biggest thing is marring the paint if you didn't use the card board or some other means to keep the pliers from gouging.

an update to the tool situation.
I received an email back from DJI with a link to a video, they asked me for more information,
and to watch the video.
what i learned was that i was trying to use their tool wrong! they show in the video the proper way to
use the tool, and low and behold my tool fits my new V3 motor!
(you have to come over the top of the motor and down, instead of in from the side.
watch here at the end of the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzdMBCFMnGg&authuser=0

Ya thats how it works with the reguler stock motors. But the DJI motor wrench still does not fit on T motors at all

Attachments

• robogrip.jpg
    robogrip.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 2,346
I had this problem after my Phantom 3 crashed. I couldn't get two of the props off. I read the responses here and remembered that I had a rubber "too tight to open" bottle opener thingy in the kitchen. It worked like a charm.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20