Can't install firmware update ; Blank screen on Overall Status

Reaction score
I am just getting started with P3 Standard out of the box. My understanding is that a firm ware update is needed probably for controller, aircraft and battery. According to what I have read on forums this must be done through DJI GO. I have loaded it onto my iPhone 5S. I think I have established WIfi Connection with the controller and aircraft using the Phantom 3 wifi in my iPhone settings on wifi, though of course if I turn on my home wifi on the phone the DJI GO app says that the aircraft is disconnected.,

When I open DJI GO and tap on the status bar at the upper left it takes me to Aircraft Status which says Firmware Updgrade Required. When I tap on that all I get is a black blank screen entitled Overall Status. 1. How do I start the firmware download? 2. Should the iPhone be connected to my home wifi or should I set it to be connected to the aircraft? 3. Should both the controller and aircraft be powered on?

I'm probably not even asking all the right questions. Help! Hopelessly confused!

Are you registered with dji? Username, password? If so, if you type in firmware upgrade for the standard in the search engine at the top of the forum page, look for msinger's step by step guide on how to instal it and follow it exactly. The phantom wifi in your settings needs to be selected and nothing else in the background running.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Are you registered with dji? Username, password? If so, if you type in firmware upgrade for the standard in the search engine at the top of the forum page, look for msinger's step by step guide on how to instal it and follow it exactly. The phantom wifi in your settings needs to be selected and nothing else in the background running.

Thanks for your response! I finally found my way to the video link below on the DJI site and followed the instructions for upgrading software. It worked! I still have an issue with the controller linkage to the aircraft being somewhat unstable. I find that the wifi link drops off. Ive had to do the relink steps including inserting a pointed object into the little hole near the battery under the drone severeal times. Any thoughts on that? I have already turned off the search for wifi function on my iPhone.

Have a great holiday!

Phantom 3 Standard Remote Controller and Firmware Upgrading

Thanks for your response! I finally found my way to the video link below on the DJI site and followed the instructions for upgrading software. It worked! I still have an issue with the controller linkage to the aircraft being somewhat unstable. I find that the wifi link drops off. Ive had to do the relink steps including inserting a pointed object into the little hole near the battery under the drone severeal times. Any thoughts on that? I have already turned off the search for wifi function on my iPhone.

Have a great holiday!

Phantom 3 Standard Remote Controller and Firmware Upgrading
Glad you are up and running. There is a lot of good information on this site, especially from people like msinger and meta4 and the like. As for your wifi, you need to find an interference free area to set up and fly. I could never set mine up in the house due to numerous devices on the same frequency as the drone and the fact the house is made entirely of steel and tin. Mostly flew in aeroplane mode. Not sure why you have to keep relinking the drone though.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic