can't install 3.16

Reaction score
i've just bought a BTU for my Phantom 2 (non-Vision), but my assistant says 3.14 is current. From what I understand 3.16 is needed to get the BTU to work.

I've tried deleting assistant & drivers, & reinstall using fresh downloads from DJI but still the same

Anyone any ideas

i've just bought a BTU for my Phantom 2 (non-Vision), but my assistant says 3.14 is current. From what I understand 3.16 is needed to get the BTU to work.

I've tried deleting assistant & drivers, & reinstall using fresh downloads from DJI but still the same

Anyone any ideas

I see you've been at this for awhile but how are you using the BTU. Are you using in the field to make adjustments using your cell phone or is this connected to a groundstation through Datalink? By itself BTU isn't designed to use a cell phone to fly with without Datalink system.

i haven't got the BTU working, thats why i'm asking for help. I'm hoping to use it to adjust the rth height etc without having to use a laptop

Is the BTU even listed in the upgrade tab of the P2 assistant? Are you using a PC laptop with windows OS 10? Reason for asking about the OS is that 10 has had problems with DJI software.

having a look around & it doesn't seem to be listed for the Phantom anywhere, just the Naza M. I have seen a thread on here tho with people updating to 3.16 (while mine lists 3.14 as current). I am using Windows 10, but have just tried it in compatibility mode & still the same

having a look around & it doesn't seem to be listed for the Phantom anywhere, just the Naza M. I have seen a thread on here tho with people updating to 3.16 (while mine lists 3.14 as current). I am using Windows 10, but have just tried it in compatibility mode & still the same

For some reason windows 10 has been a big problem for many using DJI software. So if you can find a friend with either OS 7 or 8.1 both of those work great.

Here is an old thread regarding the BTU. BTU - Bluetooth Unit Update

ah thanks, looks like i've got a £30 paperweight then. Wonder why they allow it to work on stand-alone Naza's, but not on a Phantom's Naza

ah thanks, looks like i've got a £30 paperweight then. Wonder why they allow it to work on stand-alone Naza's, but not on a Phantom's Naza

For the purpose it's being used for is a waste of money. If you set the distance for 1600m and altitude for 120m should be more then enough for VLOS.
I have been flying for more then 2 years and the first few months have never changed those setting as the distance 500m is farther then I can see a white dot and the altitude of 36m is more then enough to clear the tree tops. There are two limit settings one is for radius/height and the other is for failsafe which it will ascend to but descend to if altitude is above until it reaches home lock.

Now whether those statements are true in that post is another thing. What is true and has been a problem is Windows 10 and because of those problems I am not upgrading and will stay with 7 and 8.1 on the tablet. I know many who jumped on the free bandwagon and have had nothing but problems and there's only been one update since it came out.

Reactions: p fandango
tbh i've never had to change any of the settings either, my max distance is set to 500m & height to 122m. RTH height set to 35m, & as you say i've never had to change them. I've been lucky enough to fly in some one-off places, & last thing i want it to miss out because i could of adjusted something to make it a safe flight ie i have flown at an RAF airbase, the condition was i don't go above 30ft. Setting the max height to that would of been a bonus

tbh i've never had to change any of the settings either, my max distance is set to 500m & height to 122m. RTH height set to 35m, & as you say i've never had to change them. I've been lucky enough to fly in some one-off places, & last thing i want it to miss out because i could of adjusted something to make it a safe flight ie i have flown at an RAF airbase, the condition was i don't go above 30ft. Setting the max height to that would of been a bonus

What good is FPV if you don't use it to check you altitude. If you're told not to fly above 30 ft are you going to fly 10m or 9m.

What good is FPV if you don't use it to check you altitude. If you're told not to fly above 30 ft are you going to fly 10m or 9m.
i was referring to the BTU, i could of changed the geo-fencing settings so it wouldn't go over the 30ft they requested. I could of changed it via the laptop before leaving home, but used the telemetry via FPV to manually keep it lower instead

i was referring to the BTU, i could of changed the geo-fencing settings so it wouldn't go over the 30ft they requested. I could of changed it via the laptop before leaving home, but used the telemetry via FPV to manually keep it lower instead

Personally I see no need to reset at home or in the field that is what telemetry is for and the craft isn't going to ascend by itself.

who knows, the option is there & i prefer to have everything "just in case"

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl