Can't hack 32 channel

Reaction score
I know this hack has been visited before but being new to drones I have a question. I got my P4 just before the new FW came out and at that point I didn't even know about the 32 channel hack. I see countless videos etc. about moving up to 32 but all have been for the P3 so my question is with the new FW can the P4 be hacked to 32 channels? I've tried for days to unzip the rar file but it never unzips with the "." first in the file name. I've tried PC and Mac and even my cell phone all with no luck. Is there a unzip program that works best in this?
This old man needs some help please.

I know this hack has been visited before but being new to drones I have a question. I got my P4 just before the new FW came out and at that point I didn't even know about the 32 channel hack. I see countless videos etc. about moving up to 32 but all have been for the P3 so my question is with the new FW can the P4 be hacked to 32 channels? I've tried for days to unzip the rar file but it never unzips with the "." first in the file name. I've tried PC and Mac and even my cell phone all with no luck. Is there a unzip program that works best in this?
This old man needs some help please.
I use winrar to unzip, if you can unzip it just rename it to .dji.configs

I can unzip the file ok using winzip, but every time I rename and put it in the proper folder, restart the app, the hack didn't work and when I check the Android/data/dji pilot folder the file is gone. When the file is in the folder the app takes a few seconds longer to load, then checking the HD settings, all it shows is the normal 20 channels

I gave it another go last night before turning in. Everything I had read so far had me putting the config file in the folder described above. It looks like that was for the P3's with Lightbridge. I put the config file in the root folder of the app, restarted the tablet and there the 32 channels were.

Last edited:
You guys need to read the similar threads that are listed at the bottom of this page. Or use the search option. All the answers you need are posted.

Have a look at my post #24 here
With all this talk of range.. 32 channel mod on P4?

I understand some people get annoyed at others asking similar questions frequently but people should also appreciate some pilots are less computer literate and tech savvy and perhaps even from an older generation and instead of being budged along they should be applauded for making an effort to use and enjoy tech.

Last edited:
Reactions: MasterBlaster
Have a look at my post #24 here
With all this talk of range.. 32 channel mod on P4?

I understand some people get annoyed at others asking similar questions frequently but people should also appreciate some pilots are less computer literate and tech savvy and perhaps even from an older generation and instead of being budged along they should be applauded for making an effort to use and enjoy tech.
Yeah! I remember that thread. I also pointed out and gave a working file in post #27 Still up today and working.

What is so important about hacking to 32? What benefits is there?
Ummm? Maybe HD Range? For Sure!:rolleyes: Why not? Totally makes sinse to me!

Last edited:
living in an area that can at times be congested with 2.4GB Hz frequencies, from what I understand the higher channels are more likely to be cleaner and less congested thus giving a stronger signal to the RC. It can give a bit more range but the improvement is in the video download

living in an area that can at times be congested with 2.4GB Hz frequencies, from what I understand the higher channels are more likely to be cleaner and less congested thus giving a stronger signal to the RC. It can give a bit more range but the improvement is in the video download
Yeop ! for the most part! You get the idea though. enjoy the hack while you can, SDK updates can change things quickly. Some pilots have reported, No more function!

Reactions: rexster314
Finally got the 32 channels on my P4s RC. Windy today so may have to wait till tomorrow to try it out. Thanks for all the help and tips you guys

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers