Can't go higher than 120 meters

Reaction score
I've had my phantom 4 for about 6 months. I haven't had any issues with it except when it went a little haywire because I kept bypassing the latest firmware update. So I did the update and now all of a sudden I'm unable to fly higher than 395 ft. I want to know why this is happening or if there is any way to lift this restriction from my aircraft

What's your "Set Max Flight Altitude" setting set to in DJI GO?

DJI-GO-Max-Altitude.PNG

What happens when you try to change it?

I think if you are in the US, the higher limit legally under the FAA is 120 meters.

I click on the 120m but then it won't let me clear the numbers or put in a new one
Please post a screenshot showing what you see when you click on the 120m.

I think if you are in the US, the higher limit legally under the FAA is 120 meters.
I'm aware that the legal limit is posted as 120 meters. However, like I mentioned, i have flown it well over that quite a few times but now this restriction is actually limiting my drone and I'm not happy. I don't usually need to over 400 ft but I want to know why it's happening

I'm aware that the legal limit is posted as 120 meters. However, like I mentioned, i have flown it well over that quite a few times but now this restriction is actually limiting my drone and I'm not happy. I don't usually need to over 400 ft but I want to know why it's happening
DJI I believe is cooperating with the government and the FAA in enforcing the NFZ and the higher limit that you can fly. If you upgrade to the latest firmware, you are forced to complying with their rules. DJI is doing this to show to the politicians and the government that their products are safe and compliance with their policy.

You have to be connected to the AC to change it. I'm not aware of a rule (law) that says you are limited to 120 meters.

DJI I believe is cooperating with the government and the FAA in enforcing the NFZ and the higher limit that you can fly. If you upgrade to the latest firmware, you are forced to complying with their rules. DJI is doing this to show to the politicians and the government that their products are safe and compliance with their policy.
Someone I know has a mavic, and does all the firmware updates, and his has not been restricted

How do I do that?
Your Phantom must be connected to DJI GO when changing that setting (since the setting is stored on your Phantom).

I've had my phantom 4 for about 6 months. I haven't had any issues with it except when it went a little haywire because I kept bypassing the latest firmware update. So I did the update and now all of a sudden I'm unable to fly higher than 395 ft. I want to know why this is happening or if there is any way to lift this restriction from my aircraft
I have never flown over 120 meters because that would be against regulations

From the 6/23/17 firmware release notes:

Overview 1. All-in-One firmware Version: v1.9.20 2. DJI GO app iOS Version: v3.1.11 3. DJI GO app Android Version: v3.1.5
What’s New 1. Updated No-Fly Zone Management. 2. For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft.
Notes  Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.  DO NOT turn off the remote controller or exit the DJI GO app during the update process.

Reactions: KongWerks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl