Can't Get Samsung Galaxy S4 to Connect to DJI WiFi

Reaction score
Whenever I try to connect to the DJI Vision app on my Galaxy S4, it tries to connect to the correct DJI network, but then I get a "No Internet Connection" and it fails to connect. Anyone else with an S4 able to successfully connect to the DJI WiFi signal? If so, I'm all ears! Or I should say, all eyes!

James H said:
Whenever I try to connect to the DJI Vision app on my Galaxy S4, it tries to connect to the correct DJI network, but then I get a "No Internet Connection" and it fails to connect. Anyone else with an S4 able to successfully connect to the DJI WiFi signal? If so, I'm all ears! Or I should say, all eyes!

Same happens to me

Common problem with some android phones - if you go into your Wifi Settings>Advanced settings you should find an option checked that forces the phone to only connect to wifi networks with a good internet connection. This means your phone will dump the Vision network in the presence of another network it recognises with internet access. If you uncheck that option you should find you stay locked onto the Vision network with no problem.

Hope that solves it for you.

Pull_Up said:
Common problem with some android phones - if you go into your Wifi Settings>Advanced settings you should find an option checked that forces the phone to only connect to wifi networks with a good internet connection. This means your phone will dump the Vision network in the presence of another network it recognises with internet access. If you uncheck that option you should find you stay locked onto the Vision network with no problem.

Hope that solves it for you.
I couldn't find that option, I do believe you are right however. Mine sys testing connection then refuses to connect because does not find internet in that IP address.

Here's where I find it (but note I'm running a Nexus 4, so it's plain vanilla KitKat build - other OEMs might have tweaked menus a bit...):

Go to Settings>Wifi>Advanced(that's found in a dropdown on the bottom or top of that screen, either 3 vertical dots or 3 lines, depending on yourflavour of android)>Uncheck "Avoid poor connections".

Pull_Up said:
Here's where I find it (but note I'm running a Nexus 4, so it's plain vanilla KitKat build - other OEMs might have tweaked menus a bit...):

Go to Settings>Wifi>Advanced(that's found in a dropdown on the bottom or top of that screen, either 3 vertical dots or 3 lines, depending on yourflavour of android)>Uncheck "Avoid poor connections".

Well that is a little bit different for the S4... Do the same but instead of unchecking "Avoid Poor Connections" uncheck "Auto Network Switch" That force the phone to connect to whatever you want.

James H said:
Still not finding where to uncheck "Auto Network Switch" in the S4.

Try this.

Swipe from top to bottom (to get to notifications screen)
On the upper right corner click on the white gear
Click on wi fi
click on the menu button (right to the left of the home button)
click the first option on the newly appeared menu (advanced)
uncheck "Auto Network Switch"

Hope this helps.

Clear as day. Thanks so much! And thanks to all who responded to my post. Never expected this rapid response AND solution!

Hi,

This isn't really an answer to your question but is an app called wifi prioritizer, you can set the preferred networks to connect to is quite handy. So it doesn't jump back to your home wifi.

A little problem of my own. After updating the firmware on the s4, the wifi signal strength indicator does not work. when i connect it to my ipod it works fine. No big deal just some sort of glitch somewhere.

Also does anyone out there have the problem if they loose connection with the vision while flying they loose the live stream? seems that sometimes when i fly out of range i will get a frozen screen and i have to power cycle the drone, phone and repeater. Still get the telementery but just loose the picture. can be quite annoying.

I have a nexus 5 and don't have problems connecting to the vision other then sometimes it taking longer then I would like. I have "Avoid poor connections" unchecked. I have the advance option " WiFi optimization (Minimization battery usage when Wi-Fi is on)" checked. Has any experimented with this option?

I has the same issues with the HTC One disconnecting, I finally had to put it int airplane mode and then turn the wifi back on while in AP mode and connect. It stayed connected then.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj