P3 Firmware Can't get RC to connect to drone, at all. cannot "enter camera mode" either

Reaction score
hi all, I have a Phantom 3 advanced and the RC Model GL300C will not connect to the phantom, and has NEVER connected to the phantom since i got it 3 days ago. I've spent 16 hours trying to get this to work and im absolutely at my wits end.

The status LED on the RC is ALWAYS red (and doesnt flash). from the moment i turn it on. The drone is on version 1.8.8, i tried to update it to 1.9.6 but it failed(it says in the logs there are errors i can link them if it helps), and it has not made any difference. According to the manual, the ALWAYS red LED means the RC is functioning normally, but is not connected to the drone. Okay then, i understand i must connect the RC to the drone...

The main problem seems to be, no matter what USB cable or device, the RC/DJI GO app will not detect that there is a device attached.

I have tried 3 different micro USB cables and 2 lighning cables across the following devices, and the DJI GO app does not connect to the RC at all (following the instructions in the quick start guide). I've tried:
Iphone 6s running latest iOS
Ipad Air 1st gen running latest iOS
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Running Marshmallow 6.01
Samsung Tab 2 running android 4.1
Samsung Note 4 running android 5.1
Samsung Galaxy S3 running kitkat 4.4.4

When I plug in a phone/tablet to the RC and turn on the RC, the phone beeps and begins to charge, so there is definitely connectivity of some sort between the RC and device. When i run the DJI GO app with the cable plugged in all i get is the "how to connect" button, and when i follow the instructions on that and return to the equipment page according to instruction 4, all i continue to get is the "how to connect" button. I've tried the hard reset technique (C1+C2+shutter button on, off and on again) and it hasnt worked. I understand that i cannot connect the RC to the drone with first being able to get to the "connect to camera" screen. In terms of android, on each device, i have enabled debugging and tried each method of USB connectivity (charging, MIDI, Media etc). which one should i be using?

The drone itself seems completely fine. its status LED is on green once it has fully booted, and seems to be idling waiting for the RC to connect (once i get the app working, then press the connect button on the drone, but i cant get into the "connect to camera" part to be able to connect the RC- ARGH!)

I really dont want to have to send this drone back, i just want it to work. I've had it 3 days and havent been able to fly it at all, and wasted almost all of my weekend trying to google a fix to no avail. as you can imagine, im quite annoyed that ive spent £700+ on a drone that i have not been able to fly, and that has eaten my weekend :/

You guys are my last hope before i send it back to amazon, but i would rather it just worked.

I'm getting similar issue with my P3A. This all seemed to happen immediately after I applied the latest update. Now it will not bind with the controller. I do get video transmission, but nothing when it comes to controller. I wish there was a way I could go back to an earlier update.

You say it never worked since you got it 3 days ago. Where did you get it, and can you take it back? Any fellow pilots you know that can test with their RC?
I got it from the amazon uk warehouse with a 20% discount as it is "used, but in very good condition". im beginning to think the original person has got it in this position and sent it back. Now as it was a one-off from their store, id rather get it working as if im to send it back for a refund, i'd have to pay £100+ for another one that i dont have as it will no longer be discounted :/

i dont know anyone else with a P3A to test remotes/drones with either :/

Just had the same problem following latest firmware update on P3A. My remote was suspect ( had an internal rattle) so purchased a new replacement. Still neither would link! Downloaded latest firmware again and re-installed. Went into DJI go app and linked RC with aircraft. Both controllers now link and work. Certainly a glitch with the latest firmware down load but cost a new RC to prove. Hope this helps.

Having similar problems with a new p3a here in manila. Bought new july 23. Went out july 24 and did some very short test flights, no higher than 4m and no further than 5m. All worked ok. Then, got notice to upgrade firmware. Not sure what original versions were.

At home, followed instructions carefully. End result:
Green link led on rc and p3a
Gimbal led is constant red
Gimbal emits long, unending beep/ buzz sound
No image link from camera to rc to lenovo A5000

Drone wont respond

I have masters degree in computer engineering, used to design computers that run jet engines including black programs for usaf
Thus be assured i will not make simple errors such as confusing bin and zip files etc
Never seen such a glitchy system like this
Dji needs to do much better job

Any suggestions welcome i am quite desperate

Dji go at 2.8.3
Rc mod unknown will not show on dji go
Trying to install latest firmware 1.9 on p3a
Although software filename downloaded from advance site download li k starts with p3s not p3a????

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20