can't get new NDJ6 to connect to P2

Reaction score
Bought a NDJ6 a few months ago and finally getting time to try it. Ran RC System Assistant 1.1 and calibrated fine. Then hooked up P2 and tried to run Phantom 2 Assistant 3.0 and it sees the P2 but not the NDJ6. DJ6 still works fine. I'm obviously missing a step or five. Any assistance greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Bought a NDJ6 a few months ago and finally getting time to try it. Ran RC System Assistant 1.1 and calibrated fine. Then hooked up P2 and tried to run Phantom 2 Assistant 3.0 and it sees the P2 but not the NDJ6. DJ6 still works fine. I'm obviously missing a step or five. Any assistance greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Go to page 18 of the users manual v1.4 it will show you how to bind the RC to the P2.

Hmmm... ...links fine now, (yay) but after recalibration of P2 and Remote, it starts but won't throttle up and left stick is causing other operations than it should (tips over).

Hmmm... ...links fine now, (yay) but after recalibration of P2 and Remote, it starts but won't throttle up and left stick is causing other operations than it should (tips over).

RE-calibrate the sticks in both RC and P2. Connect the RC unit to software and make sure it's in Mode2. Next with the RC still turned on connect the P2 to its software and calibrate the sticks again making sure all sticks are mark norm and not rev and everything should work correctly.

Excellent Jason. Sorry for the delayed response. Just had a chance to follow your instructions and all is almost perfect. The Home Lock and Ctrl Lock had never worked properly on the original DJ6 and now that it's connecting properly to the NDJ6 (nearly...), that works for the first time- hooray and thanks.

Last problem is the H3-3D operation. In calibration with the P2 software, the X1 sticks monitor is erratic in one direction- bounces hard right and then stops about 15% right of center. Similarly, when trying to fly, the camera moves but not full up or down and as soon as the knurled control knob is released it moves back to its start position and doesn't hold the traveled to position.

Any more helpful advice? Sorry to be a pain. Was over to the West coast of Vancouver Island today and able to fly the beautiful sand beach over the ocean beside the start of the world famous West Coast Trail head in Pacific Rim National Park on a perfect blue sky light air day. Had the old DJ6 connected and got some gorgeous footage of the deserted beach. Wish I'd had the new NDJ6 connected with the CL and HL working. My solution in 'off' mode is always facing the same way as the camera and flying FPV in the black pearl low res monitor or looking over my shoulder out over the water where the bird is, which is less than perfect.

Anyway, your advice is most appreciated, and your concise instructions are great.

In the Phantom assistant, basic tab, RC, do you have the upgrade transmitter version checked?

Excellent Jason. Sorry for the delayed response. Just had a chance to follow your instructions and all is almost perfect. The Home Lock and Ctrl Lock had never worked properly on the original DJ6 and now that it's connecting properly to the NDJ6 (nearly...), that works for the first time- hooray and thanks.

Last problem is the H3-3D operation. In calibration with the P2 software, the X1 sticks monitor is erratic in one direction- bounces hard right and then stops about 15% right of center. Similarly, when trying to fly, the camera moves but not full up or down and as soon as the knurled control knob is released it moves back to its start position and doesn't hold the traveled to position.

Any more helpful advice? Sorry to be a pain. Was over to the West coast of Vancouver Island today and able to fly the beautiful sand beach over the ocean beside the start of the world famous West Coast Trail head in Pacific Rim National Park on a perfect blue sky light air day. Had the old DJ6 connected and got some gorgeous footage of the deserted beach. Wish I'd had the new NDJ6 connected with the CL and HL working. My solution in 'off' mode is always facing the same way as the camera and flying FPV in the black pearl low res monitor or looking over my shoulder out over the water where the bird is, which is less than perfect.

Anyway, your advice is most appreciated, and your concise instructions are great.

Try re-calibrating the X1 sliders on both RC and P2 while in the P2 software you highlight upgrade version and that X1 is in norm and not rev. Also check the gimbal settings are all in the center in the advanced tab.

More thank you's Jason. I saw that there was an firmware upgrade for the H3-3D that hadn't been done also, which I did. I couldn't find any 'transmitter upgrade' box to tick in the P2 basic tab software(?) and I'm running the Naza-M version of the software not the Phantom- wonder if that makes a difference and if I should be running that?

In any case, after re calibrating R2 and P2, the gimbal moves correctly. However, the spring loaded default position on the tilt also puts it in 45 degree lookdown whenever I release finger held position up or down, which seems crazy to me. Is this adjustable too? Obviously flying would be pretty crazy trying to maintain a set camera angle with a control finger on the knob! Am I missing something?

Again, thanks for your patience, feel like I'm approaching the finish line with this!

Go back into your RC and do a full stick and X1 calibration. Then with the RC still turned on connect the P2 and do the samething sticks and X1. See if that takes care of it. I know it's only X1 that is giving you problems but In the RC unit you might as well do both and the same for the P2.

Sadly, that didn't change anything. As soon as I release the pitch wheel, the camera goes back to 45 degrees. Took a quick peek at a YouTube video showing a demo of the pitch wheel and the camera stays locked to whatever position it is adjusted to with the wheel, though the pitch wheel snaps back to the center default position.

Thought: In P2 software, the firmware says 3.0 and 'no update available', though the PDF manual for version 1.2 is for Phantom Assistant V3.4. If that's the issue (and might also explain the lack of 'upgrade RC' check window in the RC basic window you'd mentioned in first post back)?

Sorry to drag you deeper into the rabbit hole!

Off the hook! Installed new version of Assistant (3.8) and recalibrated (complete with RC upgrade version checked) and seems good to go. Will reinstall the props and try a quick test flight. I'll let you know.

Brilliant! All systems go. For the first time since getting the machine a year ago, I am limited by my abilities only rather than my abilities and inherent machine control issues. Hats off again, Jason. Hope I can get to the point of being useful to help others in this field as well at some point.

Cheers, Scott

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik