Can't get my P4P+ to fly!?

Reaction score
Hi All - I have spent 2 days in the California desert trying to get my new P4P+ off the ground.

Two problems: one, the GPS strength icon is not illuminated on the Controller, so no matter what I do, I am dead in the water. I am in open flat country - so interference is not an issue.

Second issue : I get the following Navigation System Error : Check Redundancy State. Nowhere, in the manual or online can I find anything about this.

Basically, I have just bought the most expendive paperweight of my life. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I searched on the error and found two people in one post. One mailed it back. The other was never heard of again (I hope he's okay). From that post.... the flight mode switch should be set to "P". Can you screen capture the error and post it?

I'm guessing it's the flight mode as you state GPS sats are not showing up.

I ordered a 4P pro + as well as a butt load of accessories.
Before I made the decision to finally spend the money, I had read a number of glowing testimonies as well as a number of, what I had considered to be minor issues. Issuers that a future firmware would take care of.
Now, I am seeing people who purchased the P4P+ having numerous problems. So, I am now thinking about not accepting the package.
I hope to be heading back out to the Four Corners area before the end of April. What to do, what to do.

Thanks for the quick reply tcope.

No, the flight mode is on P, and has been since I initially set it up. So that's not it.

I'm not sure how to send you a photo of the error msg. But under Overall Status it says "updates required". Click on that and you get two msgs:

Navigation System Error
----
Check Redundancy State

The first one would clearly be related to there being no GPS function. But I have idea what the second is, or how to solve it.

Kevin

I searched on the error and found two people in one post. One mailed it back. The other was never heard of again (I hope he's okay). From that post.... the flight mode switch should be set to "P". Can you screen capture the error and post it?

I'm guessing it's the flight mode as you state GPS sats are not showing up.

My _guess_ is that this means there is a conflict either in the dual IMUs or with the GPS system. Even if this is correct, I would have no idea if it can be corrected by you or needs to be corrected by DJI.

I'd certainly try recalibrating the compass and the IMU (within settings). The Phantom needs to be on a flat level surface for this.

But again, I don't have any first hand knowledge of this issue and I'm only guessing. These recommendations can't hurt.

Before I made the decision to finally spend the money, I had read a number of glowing testimonies as well as a number of, what I had considered to be minor issues. Issuers that a future firmware would take care of.
Now, I am seeing people who purchased the P4P+ having numerous problems. So, I am now thinking about not accepting the package.
I hope to be heading back out to the Four Corners area before the end of April. What to do, what to do.

Most people don't have issues and those people don't usually have any reason to post.

Four corners? I think there are 2 of those in the US? Closest I got to UT/CO one was Monument Valley, UT. That four corners _is_ in the middle of no where.

My _guess_ is that this means there is a conflict either in the dual IMUs or with the GPS system. Even if this is correct, I would have no idea if it can be corrected by you or needs to be corrected by DJI.

I'd certainly try recalibrating the compass and the IMU (within settings). The Phantom needs to be on a flat level surface for this.

But again, I don't have any first hand knowledge of this issue and I'm only guessing. These recommendations can't hurt.
Again, thanks so much for having a look. None of those things have fixed the problem, I'm afraid. I have a request in to DJI, but have not heard very positive things about their responsiveness - we'll see!

Hi All - I have spent 2 days in the California desert trying to get my new P4P+ off the ground.

Two problems: one, the GPS strength icon is not illuminated on the Controller, so no matter what I do, I am dead in the water. I am in open flat country - so interference is not an issue.

Second issue : I get the following Navigation System Error : Check Redundancy State. Nowhere, in the manual or online can I find anything about this.

Basically, I have just bought the most expendive paperweight of my life. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I returned the P4Pro and the replacement arrived at my home four days later.
Other than having trouble getting the batteries to take a charge. Thanks to good advice from members of this group, that issue was easily remedied. The company on the other hand wanted me to return them for replacement!
Anyway, I am very pleased with the Phantom itself, but the built in monitor sucks at best. I can't pull up maps of the area I am flying in, something my P3Pro never failed to do.
I am not happy with the monitor in anyway what so ever, but I got to get on the road and get back home.

Most people don't have issues and those people don't usually have any reason to post.

Four corners? I think there are 2 of those in the US? Closest I got to UT/CO one was Monument Valley, UT. That four corners _is_ in the middle of no where.

Nope… The one in Monument Valley is the only one in the lower 48 states.

My mistake.....Four Corners is not in Monument Valley, but is a little over 100 miles away in the middle of nowhere.

When you say California desert and Four Corners, I assume you are speaking of Kramer Junction. That said, you may want to rethink flying hear. This area is in restricted airspace, aka R2515. Attached is a google map and sectional of the area. Google it for some interesting history dating back to 1942. I would also not rule out the possibility that they could conduct GPS jamming in this area, although I have never observed a GPS issue on my phone/GPS when driving through this area, but I can tell you that my radar detector has always picked up laser band activity here. Perhaps one of our experts on sectional charts can chime in on the attachment.

d3eb39a8394b8669a4edc948fbf34e69.jpg
78e9ce9b191286e35350059198aaf525.jpg

I know that area ,I used to work at the cement plant in mojave,, I figured it was a ghost town by now,,

I know that area ,I used to work at the cement plant in mojave,, I figured it was a ghost town by now,,

Small world, I am from Bear Valley.

Mohave was hurt in my opinion when they built the 58 bypass.

Again, thanks so much for having a look. None of those things have fixed the problem, I'm afraid. I have a request in to DJI, but have not heard very positive things about their responsiveness - we'll see!
I hope you are paying attention to what "Traveler", above, has to say. If he is correct about your location, you should consider yourself very lucky that you have not managed to get it off the ground.

Reactions: Traveler
You'd be better off taking a trip out to randsburg,,I used to prospect out there take the first left dirt road after the old assaying building. Up the hill take the only right,,follow it as far as you want to go ,,I used to camp up on those hills,,watch out for open mine shafts. Some are not marked or covered,,great place to go

Reactions: Traveler
You'd be better off taking a trip out to randsburg,,I used to prospect out there take the first left dirt road after the old assaying building. Up the hill take the only right,,follow it as far as you want to go ,,I used to camp up on those hills,,watch out for open mine shafts. Some are not marked or covered,,great place to go

Or dispose of a not so good friend, lol.

If the FBI is reading this I am only kidding!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik