Can't Get Gimble To Work

That is the can-bus connector used by the mini iOSD. Here's a photo of mine installed inside the shell.
View attachment 25485

The other one on the back leg is the compass.

Where have I seen that Picture before? :D Oscar yer in good hands w/ Jason I have carbon fiber props and I also have the stock props. The carbon fiber are MUCH stiffer I don't mean a little I mean a whole bunch. the plastic stock props by holding them at the center and pressing on the blade tip and bending it has over a 1.5+ deflection. The Carbon Fiber has a 1/2" and that's about it. They also have much more side deflection. That being said the prop is an airfoil, and is designed to provide the best thrust by its design, If it bends and doesn't maintain its designed shape then it will not provide the most thrust. Now something else to consider. the P2v1 has smaller motors and lighter esc's. Being the new blades are longer and wider and have a greater pitch. that will increase the amperage and strain on those parts. Will it burn them out? I dunno but I have heard it both ways. When DJI upgraded the P2v2 with the new blades they also did the same with then mtr's and esc's. Ask yourself why did they do that? They did it for a reason. Do you think they care if you dust an esc or mtr. I'd say NOPE! :cool: Like you I am a relatively new Pilot but I I didn't get off the turnip truck yesterday. In my past career I have many years of dealing with air flow and motors. Being a newbie in quads I have been doing a Whole Bunch Of Research and reading. I'm lazy. Sometimes Ill ask a question on the forum and many times I get an answer and some times I don't get an answer, and I end up finding the answer or solve the problem myself. You like me have been helped very much by Jason it is members like him who are willing to help that are invaluable to this forum. I asked the same question on Batteries that you did and got some good answers. In the meantime I have been doing some reading. Here is a link on Battery charging and maintenance and other links. There is many on the subject just do a google and you will find many.

Take care and good luck. ;)

~Duke

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phantom_2-Preparing_the_Flight_Battery
https://www.phantomhelp.com/?src=pps

Reactions: Oscar
Hi Duke how are ya , yeah Jason has been a great help he is awesome thanks for you input as well greatly appreciated I did check out that link you sent me thank you now I know lol I am just getting into the hobby and I love it have been reading and watching videos for hours every chance I got my first flight was awesome followed the guidelines and rules and was very confident no crazy stunts lol I am getting use to the orientation of the drone during every flight in GPS mode time to come I will try out the other modes . Nice to hear from you my friend just curious what is you set up configuration like

Duke the 9450 props came out before the P2v2 was introduced and there many here that use them on their P2v1's. The big problem here is everybody has formed an opinion without ever trying them. They were design for heavier loads like trackers, flytrex and camera guards. For every ounce of weight you to your craft you loose approximately one second of flight time.

Duke the 9450 props came out before the P2v2 was introduced and there many here that use them on their P2v1's. The big problem here is everybody has formed an opinion without ever trying them. They were design for heavier loads like trackers, flytrex and camera guards. For every ounce of weight you to your craft you loose approximately one second of flight time.

Hi Jason, In my research that's what I have read. But I still am awful suspicious into why they upgraded the motors and esc's after that. :cool: I cannot believe DJI did not have prior knowledge something was Askew. I mean why would they improve something directly related to the props? Maybe I am looking at this too sinisterly, but I surely am not saying it doesn't work. Anyway in the second article below the writers says when all 3 props, mtrs, esc's are used in conjunction with each other there is a 25% upgrade in pwr and efficiency without adding much weight. In the first article below there is mixed results. read # 11 and #13 All I can say with my past experience you cannot change the pitch of a fan blade nor size without it affecting amp draw or power usage in some form. Maybe we should contact Skully and Moulder I know one thing the truth is out there! :D

http://forum.dji.com/thread-1806-1-1.html
http://www.dronethusiast.com/new-dji-phantom-2-upgrades/

~Duke

Oh and one more thing! what does this conversation have to do with my Gimbal not working! ;)
No Worry' Mates I'm gonna fix it, The new gimbal just came in the mail today. If ya cant get it to work........ Use a bigger hammer or spend more $$$$ Money! :eek: Lol I do both! :D

~Duke

Oh and one more thing! what does this conversation have to do with my Gimbal not working! ;)
No Worry' Mates I'm gonna fix it, The new gimbal just came in the mail today. If ya cant get it to work........ Use a bigger hammer or spend more $$$$ Money! :eek: Lol I do both! :D

~Duke

My gimbal also just came in. Just opened it up and it sure doesn't look at all like a used gimbal to me.

What can I say. So Oscar and I hijack your thread. [url=http://www.desicomments.com/desi/smileys/][/URL]

hijack
or highjack
[hahy-jak] /ˈhaɪˌdʒæk/
verb (used with object)
to steal (cargo) from a truck or other vehicle after forcing it to stop:
to hijack a load of whiskey.
to rob (a vehicle) after forcing it to stop:
They hijacked the truck before it entered the city.
to seize (a vehicle) by force or threat of force.
to skyjack.
verb (used without object)
to engage in such stealing or seizing.
noun
an act or instance or hijacking.

Yep Yer Guilty Plain And Simple! :rolleyes: Looks like neither one of you will be getting a Christmas card from me this year! :D

~Duke

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31