Can't get Futaba T8J and Phantom 2 (non vision) to work

Reaction score
Hi all,

So my Futaba T8J arrived today, got the receiver installed as per YouTube videos and followed That HPI Guys YouTube videos to get it all set up however something isn't right..

I can not get the props spinning when putting both joysticks to bottom left position (the Phantom is flashing yellow as I'm indoors so no GPS lock, that doesn't matter does it?).

Also strangely when I move the left stick left or right it adjusts the gimbal slightly.

I've gone into the Phantom software and calibrated the joysticks (although they are very slightly out after calibration and no idea how to solve this?) but at least I know the radio is talking to the phantom.

Any ideas guys?

Double check your "reverse settings" . They should be:
AIL- NORM
ELE - REV
THR - REV
RUD - NORM
GER - REV
FLP - REV
AV1 - REV
AV2 - NORM

EMCSQUAR said:
Double check your "reverse settings" . They should be:
AIL- NORM
ELE - REV
THR - REV
RUD - NORM
GER - REV
FLP - REV
AV1 - REV
AV2 - NORM

According to That HPI Guys YouTube video that's correct except GER - NORM however just tried yours and no change unfortunately!

I can not get the props spinning when putting both joysticks to bottom left position (the Phantom is flashing yellow as I'm indoors so no GPS lock, that doesn't matter does it?).
Could it be that you need to pull both sticks down and outward (or maybe pull both sticks inwards)?

Happened to me just the other day with my Phantom 1. Go to the NAZA Assistant, make sure the receiver type is "D-Bus" and calibrate. My throttle wasn't going low enough. It worked.

Also, If the T8 is like the T10, it has it's own separate stick calibration as well.

I think it was on or near the very last page of the manual.

dcoski said:
Happened to me just the other day with my Phantom 1. Go to the NAZA Assistant, make sure the receiver type is "D-Bus" and calibrate. My throttle wasn't going low enough. It worked.

That's interesting, in one of the videos I saw it had to be in D-Bus however I don't have that option in my Phantom Software?

N017RW said:
Also, If the T8 is like the T10, it has it's own separate stick calibration as well.

I think it was on or near the very last page of the manual.

That's good to know, will check it out, thanks!

Hum?? Just for kicks on the "View " page of your assistant what does RC- Receiver Type: say? Mine says "D-Bus".

Yes it is on the view page as I recall as well.

Unfortunately the battery has died on the radio and my charges doesn't arrive till tomorrow so will check it out the. Guys, thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20