Can't get controller to update

Reaction score
The Phantom itself went fine, took about 25 minutes. Do the controller now via USD mini card reader. I know that works because it came up on my mac fine. Its been 5 minutes and the remote has not done anything. No beeping, I have one red and 4 whites

Am I safe to pull the usb stick out? I don't want to brick the controller

Edit, after 6 minutes it finally started to beep but its still show a red light and not the normal blue light.......beep....beep....beep

How can I start the process over? Never had this issue before

Edit again, it just turned itself off

Last edited:
Anyone? I tried it again after it shut down. After 5 minutes its doing the same thing. Red light and a beep about every second........now I'm getting pissed

Hi ! I think that the controller didn't need the update with the micro sd . Just the Phantom , please correct me if i'm wrong? Thank you in advance!

Sounds like you have the RC Model #: GL300B

It's the newer model and has to be updated via the DJI GO app.

I had the same issue with a card reader, then tried via the app and it worked no problem.

The Phantom itself went fine, took about 25 minutes. Do the controller now via USD mini card reader. I know that works because it came up on my mac fine. Its been 5 minutes and the remote has not done anything. No beeping, I have one red and 4 whites

Am I safe to pull the usb stick out? I don't want to brick the controller

Edit, after 6 minutes it finally started to beep but its still show a red light and not the normal blue light.......beep....beep....beep

How can I start the process over? Never had this issue before

Edit again, it just turned itself off
The BEEP...BEEP after 5 minutes and then shutoff after 10 is normal behavior. It's a battery warning and auto shutoff that is by design when no inputs are recognized after a period of time. Nothing to worry about there.

What error messages do you see (if any) in the application when you connect to your phone? If the red light persists when you are in the App and your bird is turned on...try Rebinding the controller. Go into the App, go to
RC settings, scroll to the bottom, and choose "Linking RC".

Going to try and connect right now. The PDF file included with the latest firmware said to do both the Phantom and the TX

Sorry guys.........all is good. Connects fine, no issues. Kind of makes me mad I followed the directions to the letter. I guess my transmitter did not need the update. And yes I just looked on the back and I do the new model of transmitter

Per their instructions

Step 2- Download and Update the Firmware

1. Go to the DJI GO App > Camera View > System Status bar > Overall Status. Tap Download the firmware update package to download and

update the firmware. Track the update progress from progress bar in the DJI GO App. The status LED on the remote controller will blink

blue during update and blink green when update is complete with success.

Firmware update through the DJI GO app will not work with older versions of the remote controller firmware. If the firmware update fails, follow

the instructions below to update the firmware using the traditional method:

a. Update the latest firmware package files from DJI official web site.

b. Extract all downloaded files into the root directory of an SD card or USB flash drive.

c. Turn off the remote controller, Insert the SD card into a SD card reader or the USB disk onto the remote controller USB port when remote

controller is turned off.

d. Power on the remote controller and wait 60 seconds until the upgrade begins. Do not power off the remote controller during the update.

e. It will take approximately 10 minutes to complete the firmware update. The camera will sound a beeping sound and the Status LED on the

remote controller shows solid blue to indicate the update is in progress. The Status LED on remote controller shows solid green and beeping

sound will stop if the upgrade is completed with success.

f . If you do not have a SD card reader, you may insert the SD card into the gimbal and connect the gimbal with remote controller to upgrade

the remote controller.

You will only be able to update the remote controller firmware through the DJI GO app from this point onwards.

Updating Intelligent Flight Battery Firmware

The Intelligent Flight Battery is upgraded during the aircraft firmware upgrade process. It is recommended to keep the upgrade
package files in your SD card. The upgrade will start automatically after power cycling the aircraft.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4