cant gain altitutde, wobble and crash

Reaction score
Hello,

I was flying my phantom 2 today, and twice, it crashed, and I cant figure out why because I have been flying for a couple months with little problems. I settup the GPS and compass as directed. I am using the KumbaCam fpv kit. All of a sudden, the drone stopped responding to my controls and would not gain altitude, but would go left or right. The first time, i was a few hundred feet away, the second time, I was within 15 feet of it. it basically lost half of the control and then spiraled downward for a crash. I have seen that the wobble could come from descending to fast, but I was not descending either time. I was flying normal, and it started to take control of itself. I was in the mountains with nothing to interfere with the signals for miles. Wind was also not a factor. Any guesses on what I should do next? Thanks

Happens to me too, the only advice i can give you is be prepared, i have pulled out of all of them, every time i turn, or fly really fast, or trying to get it down i just know its going to do it, and if it does then i realease the sticks, then grab the left stick and pull up, i will try to get video showing what my heli is doing and how i pull out of it, hope this helps you, at least a little

Sana

I'm having the same problem. Tried many things, no resolution yet. Doesn't appear to be battery related. Even tried a new MC ($229 part). No help.

Thanks guys. The thing is, sometimes, I am not even flying fast. I am just sitting in one spot, and it will do it...

Has anyone recently updated their firmware?
I'm in a similar position where I updated the firmware, went out and attempted to take off as I've done hundreds of times and the P2 couldn't generate enough power to take off. When I held it and hit both sticks, I could get it to generate enough power but uncontrollable. I actually had a grip on the landing gear and almost lost some precious body parts in the process. When I went back to the computer to RE-confirm update, my P2 wouldn't even power up. Simply BEEPS and FLASHES incessantly. Another member here identified my issue as a possible firmware update failure. That's what the screen said during the process - Re-power etc… No can do.
So, right now, I'm grounded until I get this thing figured out.

I am not using any prop guards.

I did just go back and reinstalled all the firmware, and made sure everything is up to date. Went to fly it today and tried my best to put it in situations that it would crash, but it didnt. I am feeling better about this, but i havent flown enough to know if this will work. Hopefully it is fixed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20