Can't enter the return to home

Reaction score
Hi guys my drone just arrived today, I was trying to enter the height for return to home just on the app and not with drone powered up or remote.

It won't let me save the height in the 20-500 box does it need to be turned on (currently charging now) to save ?

Your Phantom must be turned on and the DJI Pilot app needs to be connected to it.

Reactions: Jbundy63
Thought so ha answered my own question, first flight was tonight only took it up for 60 seconds my heart was pumping the whole time.

Another quick question I had 12 satellites but it said I didn't have GPS. I ended up flying on A mode just went up 10 meters in sight any ideas do I need to do the update ?

You should fly in "P" mode if you want to use GPS to hold your Phantom's position.

Since this is a new craft and was shipped around getting to you it is recommended that an IMU calibration, Remote Control stick be calibrated and you do a compas calibration before flying. You can read how in the manual or easy to look them up on you tube. May save your Phantom.

Since this is a new craft and was shipped around getting to you it is recommended that an IMU calibration, Remote Control stick be calibrated and you do a compas calibration before flying.
Thanks will do that tomz
If the Phantom hovers and flies properly, there's no need to mess around with calibration of the remote or the IMU.
These are for fixing problems and shouldn't be needed for a new Phantom.
Compass calibration is the only one recommended for a new Phantom.

If the Phantom hovers and flies properly, there's no need to mess around with calibration of the remote or the IMU.
These are for fixing problems and shouldn't be needed for a new Phantom.
Compass calibration is the only one recommended for a new Phantom.
What about the issues to the electronics that may have been created in during the shipping and handling process. There is no way of knowing for sure except to fly it, and if it does have a problem with the IMU that was created in the shipping and handling process... wouldn't it be better to be on the safe side and do all the calibrations just to confirm before trying to fly it and encountering a problem that lost or damaged the aircraft.

What about the issues to the electronics that may have been created in during the shipping and handling process. There is no way of knowing for sure except to fly it, and if it does have a problem with the IMU that was created in the shipping and handling process... wouldn't it be better to be on the safe side and do all the calibrations just to confirm before trying to fly it and encountering a problem that lost or damaged the aircraft.
Lots of folks do lots of things "to be on the safe side" and some of them are unnecessary while others might be worse and introduce the potential for problems.
I haven't heard of any new Phantoms needing IMU or remote calibration issues.
DJI are quite conservative in their safety recommendations and I think if it was important DJI would have recommended it.

Not 100% sure but according to this tutorial the IMU can get out of whack due to transporting, bouncing around, etc.

Lots of folks do lots of things "to be on the safe side" and some of them are unnecessary while others might be worse and introduce the potential for problems.
I haven't heard of any new Phantoms needing IMU or remote calibration issues.
DJI are quite conservative in their safety recommendations and I think if it was important DJI would have recommended it.
New member here......just got my Phantom 3 Pro last week. I finally got all updates finished (which I was concerned about doing with all the problems I have heard about) and haven't had any problems yet. After calibrating the compass........I had two error messages on the Pilot App to calibrate the IMU and the Gimbal. After doing calibration, error messages where gone. I have flown about 7 times so far with no problems. Wow! the photos and video are so crisp and clear....full of detail. Very excited what this bird can do!

DJI supports sends emails to its repair recipients telling them after shipping the unit to them they should do the IMU calibration as well as the compas calibration.
I would think they should be providing correct info.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj