Can't enable IOC modes (CL or HL). Naza enabled, of course.

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm a recent owner of a Phantom 2 and I'm having a problem when trying to activate both Home Lock and Course Lock (Switch S2). I hope I can get some help here.
I've upgraded my Phantom to the last firmware, enabled Naza mode and done compass calibration (multiple times). Every thing works OK, but switch S2, well, not really switch S2, but switching S2 when flying to enable IOC modes... I've checked all both switches work with Desktop App (MacOS). The sliders in the screen correspond with the switch position.

Now the problem: when I fly (BTW, sometimes GPS locking takes a lot of time... maybe 15 mins, but I don't think it has to do with the issue) switching (S2) to CL or HL is ignored by my Phantom. Even trying to get a new Home position or Course Lock (switching 5 times S2 to CL or HL is ignored). I have double checked that Naza is activated from the Desktop App and I have no problems with S1 mode switching (I can enter ATTI mode and I have checked GPS position is ignored and Phantom only flies taking care to attitude).

I also get green blinking lights, (or yellow) which means GPS is OK and GPS (or ATTI) mode is engaged but I never get yellow+green blinking (according to Naza docs, that would show that some of both IOC modes are enabled)

I wonder if I'm missing something in the Naza activation process (as I understand from Naza docs and forums, it's just a matter of clicking the top right "Phantom 2" button in the Desktop app). Is anything else needed? I assume that if Naza was not activated, I could not enable ATTI mode as Phantom would only be able to fly in GPS mode. Besides, I would also think that switch S2 is broken but I test it with the Desktop app and is correctly detected by phantom.

Thanks for any ideas or pending tests I should do before contacting the dealer.

Greetings from Madrid,
Ignacio

Re: Can't enable IOC modes (CL or HL). Naza enabled, of cour

I assume you have enabled IOC control from within the assistant after enabling Naza mode?

Attachments

• 2014-05-25_20-53-06.png
    2014-05-25_20-53-06.png
    196.6 KB · Views: 641

Oh... mmm... well... mmm... what can I say... (of course I hadn't enable that... not even hadn't seen it). I know it's no excuse but docs I had downloaded just talk about enabling Naza mode.

Thanks a lot... I wish I had registered this forum 3 days ago.

Too bad it's too late here to do a test flight... :-(

Cheers,
Ignacio

LOL No worries and welcome.

Hello

I intend to do this tonight

So im looking at the picture of the IOC enabled but at which point do you put the pointer?

Under the Home Lock position or the Course lock position?

Or are these differing values?

Apologies for the dumb question but just thought you assign each function to the switch postion? i.e

IOC mode - so the quad flys in the direction according to the controller regardless of the nose pointing

You put the pointer in CL position if you want to operate in Course Lock mode, HL for Home Lock mode. (Be sure to understand the difference between them).

None of them will work if you haven't enabled IOC from the desktop app (which was my problem). Of course, first you have to enable Naza mode.

The pointer just shows the current switch position. As you flip switch S2 you will see the pointer move. You can't reassign HL or CL to different switch positions.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl