Can't download video to computer

Reaction score
I'm new to the site - first post. I searched the threads so hope this isn't a duplicate.

I have a P3 Standard and am no longer able to download the flight videos captured by my drone. I power up the controller and the drone, plug the cable between the drone and my laptop (USB) and my computer doesn't recognize the hardware as a folder. Instead it recognizes it as "USB Serial Device (COM5)". Therefore I can't see a windows explorer folder to download or delete the files. So I've filled up the SD card and now can only delete files via the iPhone app.

Not sure if it's relevant but I have just updated to the newest firmware (as of July 12, 2017) and the update was successful. I'm using Windows 10 O/S, and all updates are current on it as well.

Any ideas on how to get my computer to recognize the hardware correctly?

Most likely your PC has a duplicate entry for the signature your drone presents.
Couple of options - right-click eject, then unplug, and plug into a different USB port, or remove the SD card, put into a adapter and plug into PC

Other possibility ...the videos saved in .mov files and your pc cannot read them as there's no codec...probably not...possibly the file systems corrupt...reformat the card...depends on how much you want to save the videos as well..also try what meta4 said...what version of windows is it...or Mac. .?????.......have u tried another pc....can you play the files from your tablet through the app

Cheers sparky

Most likely your PC has a duplicate entry for the signature your drone presents.
Couple of options - right-click eject, then unplug, and plug into a different USB port, or remove the SD card, put into a adapter and plug into PC
Thanks Paul for your fast reply. I attempted but the fix but no luck. Looks like I'll do as you and another user suggested and purchase an adapter. Thanks again.

Reactions: PaulSouthport

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4