Can't connect to iPad

Reaction score
Well, it took time to build the courage to trust the GS and go for my first flight. The iPad was on, the BT Link had power with a green light and the other light was flashing green and blinking red and the Phantom was on with green lights. The only problem was the iPad would not connect. Twice I got it to connect, then off it went. I tried and tried. Restarted everything, turned off iPad then on again. I did notice the GS unit became very warm. Looking at the fins on the case I figured this was designed as a heat sink and the almost hot feeling was just dissipating heat. So, I am looking for suggestions. Oh, by the way, we took an iPhone and a Droid and looked on their Bluetooth setups to see the DJI connection and it never happened. Bad GS unit?

Phil H

When you say it won't connect, are you saying you do not see the GS in the Bluetooth group in Settings on the iPad? I have only had the GS show as connected in the BT on the iPad a few times but have been able to otherwise connect on all missions. Is the GS showing any P2 data pre flight? If it says it's up loading the plan, you are connected.

For what it is worth: my iPad never shows a Bluetooth connection to the Ground Station in the Settings window.

Did you enable wifi? If not, try that, even if you don't have local wifi.

If my GS app says it can't locate the aircraft I have been able to re-establish the connection by restarting the app.

Today I discovered by accident that I don't need to power up the Phantom in order to establish a GS connection. In other words, I can open the GS app, prepare the mission, then power up the Phantom and upload the mission.

The Ground End of my GS also gets quite warm, so I assume this is normal.

There's definitely some trial & error involved in this as the DJI manual for the GS is very skimpy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair