Cant connect phone to drone

Reaction score
Hi there!

I apologize if this question is previously posted but I could not find one similar enough to my problem.

I just bought my first drone, a phantom 3 advanced and received it in the mail two days ago! I had it out yesterday briefly and also again earlier tonight and had no problems after upgrading the firmware, camera and controller (anything that it told me to upgrade). However, I went to fly it earlier and had no connection to the gimbal at all no matter what I did. So I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it on my phone and still no progress whatsoever. Except now I cant get past the "how to connect" option to the camera option like I could before. After uninstalling and reinstalling I also tried a hard reset on my phone. Its also not the USB cable, Ive tried multiple different ones and still not difference.

My Phone is an iPhone 6 and everything is current with software and iOS

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

I had it out yesterday briefly and also again earlier tonight and had no problems after upgrading the firmware, camera and controller (anything that it told me to upgrade).
Did you install the firmware on your Phantom via a memory card too? If not, you'll need to do that. You can find detailed instructions here.

Not a common answer, but I have a firewall I keep forgetting to switch off!
It's effective, too. (Mobiwol)

Does your RC get connected to AC ? You should see a green light on AC. This is the very first step that should pass.

Switch on RC>>>RC led is red >>>> Switch on AC >>>RC Led turns Green

Does your RC get connected to AC ? You should see a green light on AC. This is the very first step that should pass.

Switch on RC>>>RC led is red >>>> Switch on AC >>>RC Led turns Green
I have connection from the remote to the drone itself and have control of the gimbal however it won't allow me to connect to the camera and I'm stuck at the "how to connect" screen on the dji go app

Have same problem now.trying connect phone by Wi-Fi but showing wrong password.anybody can help please

I know you probably did this but .... bear with me ...

Power OFF everything. Disconnect USB cable from Phone.

Power on Phone and just let it go to normal phones home screen ... DO NOT START DJI GO

Power on Controller.

Power on AC and wait for Controller LED to go green.

NOW plug in USB cable to phone ... it should pop up a box asking if you want to start DJI Go ... Tap "Just Once" if you like to choose ... or always if you have no other app to use.

It takes a little while and it should go to GO Camera home screen on the correct model ... tap Camera button and you should be in.

Plugging in before this usually fails to get any connection. Its a quirk of latest FW / GO.

I assume that you did activate / register etc. when you first got the gear ? If not - then it would require that before you could connect App to Drone ...

Nigel

Have same problem now.trying connect phone by Wi-Fi but showing wrong password.anybody can help please

WiFi is a Standard or SE requirement ... not Adv or Pro as in this section. There is no WiFi connection with Adv or Pro.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl