Can't connect iPhone to DJI Go app, and more

Reaction score
Hi,

It's been one year since I haven't flied my P3A, and today I decided to test it before going on vacation. I tried to connect my iPhone 6S (iOS 9.3.2) to the controller with the same Apple cable I've always used, and nothing worked. The DJI Go app didn't detect my phone. (or.. my phone didn't detect the controller for some reason...)

I thought it would be good to update my P3A, thinking it would fix the problem. I think the update failed too. The .txt file showed "abort" four times and "success" once. Now I'm completely lost. The controller and iPhone can't recognize each other, I don't know my Phantom 3 current version, and I don't even know if it actually updated successfully or not. (I since deleted the text file, as I tried to downgrade to v1.7)

What can I do now? How can I get a "clean"" and working firmware, be able to connect my phone to this **** controller and fly that bird?? :(

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: just tried to "re-update" the P3A to latest version. Here's the text file:

Packet: P3S_FW_V01.04.0010.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.09.0060.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2016.07.27 20:35:47 =====================

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.07.0060.bin
The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target version.

Upgrading ...

> Packet: P3S_FW_V01.09.0060.bin
> Upgrading ...
> Result: Success.

It seems the AC was updated to V01.09.0060 successfully (AFAIK you can downgrade only one version back which would now be V01.08.0080). AFAIR the log .txt file preserves info about previous updates and the date might always be 2014.01.01 or something like that.

> The controller and iPhone can't recognize each other

Try this (before doing a more time-consuming complete restore of the iPhone. You might update to the latest iOS 9.3.3): delete the DJI GO app, reboot the iPhone, re-install DJI GO app, reboot the iPhone. Then try again if the iPhone and RC and the AC can see each other. Try another USB cable, too.

It might play a role in which order the devices are started (try iPhone - RC - DJI GO - AC)

...hope this helps...

> Packet: P3S_FW_V01.09.0060.bin
> Upgrading ...
> Result: Success.

It seems the AC was updated to V01.09.0060 successfully (AFAIK you can downgrade only one version back which would now be V01.08.0080). AFAIR the log .txt file preserves info about previous updates and the date might always be 2014.01.01 or something like that.

> The controller and iPhone can't recognize each other

Try this (before doing a more time-consuming complete restore of the iPhone. You might update to the latest iOS 9.3.3): delete the DJI GO app, reboot the iPhone, re-install DJI GO app, reboot the iPhone. Then try again if the iPhone and RC and the AC can see each other. Try another USB cable, too.

It might play a role in which order the devices are started (try iPhone - RC - DJI GO - AC)

...hope this helps...

Thanks for the reply. So you mean that the drone actually updated? What about the battery and stuff?

The above log is showing the latest firmware has been installed on your Phantom. It was also installed on the battery that was in your Phantom at that time.

You'll also need to install the firmware on your remote controller and extra batteries. Depending on which firmware version is currently installed on your remote controller, you might have to update it via a memory card and then install the latest version from DJI GO. It will be easiest if you follow these instructions exactly.

The above log is showing the latest firmware has been installed on your Phantom. It was also installed on the battery that was in your Phantom at that time.

You'll also need to install the firmware on your remote controller and extra batteries. Depending on which firmware version is currently installed on your remote controller, you might have to update it via a memory card and then install the latest version from DJI GO. It will be easiest if you follow these instructions exactly.

I finally downgraded to ver 1.8 on both batteries i have. When i tried to do the same thing for the RC, nothing happened, suggesting it was already the version of the RC... But I'm not 100% sure of that.. I can't acess DJI Go to check! How can I know my RC firmware with the USB port only?

Just did a total restore of my iPhone as suggested above, no results. The phone doesn't react at all when plugged to the RC.

Last edited:
ImJim, back in July 2015, the current firmware version was 1.2.8. So, you're definitely running a firmware version older than 1.3.2 on your remote controller. That means you need to install 1.3.2 on your remote controller using a memory card and then install the latest firmware version on your remote controller using DJI GO.

If you follow my instructions here exactly, it will guide you through this process. If you do something different or follow the instructions in a different order, you will likely run into problems.

ImJim, back in July 2015, the current firmware version was 1.2.8. So, you're definitely running a firmware version older than 1.3.2 on your remote controller. That means you need to install 1.3.2 on your remote controller using a memory card and then install the latest firmware version on your remote controller using DJI GO.

If you follow my instructions here exactly, it will guide you through this process. If you do something different or follow the instructions in a different order, you will likely run into problems.

Only for the RC?? Not for the drone?

msinger, I have another problem now... I don't have any USB card reader (actually the one I have with me doesn't work on the RC).. so I tried your other method (plugging the rc to the drone with the card inside, w/ ver. 1.3.20 ..), when repeating your steps, the RC turns solid green immediately after plugging in. in the TXT file, it says that I can't downgrade, as if it wanted to upgrade the drone and not the RC only.

What do I do now... ? :(

PS: I don't know the current installed version neither on my bird, nor on my RC..

Here's the latest TXT file:

Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======

Upgrading ...

========== 2016.07.27 20:35:47 =====================

Packet: P3S_FW_V01.07.0060.bin
The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target version.

Upgrading ...

Packet: P3S_FW_V01.08.0080.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======

========== 2016.08.01 10:20:46 =====================

========== 2016.08.01 11:08:33 =====================
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.03.0020.bin

========== 2016.08.01 11:11:54 =====================
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.03.0020.bin

Your TXT file is showing you have 1.9 installed on your Phantom. You can see that here:

Upgrading ...

Do you see any firmware versions listed in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO? If so, which versions do you see?

Your TXT file is showing you have 1.9 installed on your Phantom. You can see that here:

Do you see any firmware versions listed in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO? If so, which versions do you see?
I don't see any "about" section in the settings..

It's at the very bottom of the "General Settings" section in DJI GO. You'll need to scroll to the bottom to see it.

I still have this exact same problem from yesterdays upgrade without success, along with constant yellow flashing lights and both units not connecting. I followed everything by the book. My post also got deleted which was ever so helpful. And I am still stuck with this issue. No response from Dji either. Don't get me wrong guys, but don't shut people out when they don't get success when doing things right. Clearly something has gone wrong on more than just my phantom which is a relief to see.

I am using an ipad mini on the latest ios. My bird appears to be on the latest firmware, and my dji go app has only just been installed. All still the same. Constant yellow flashing light and no communication between devices...........................

It's at the very bottom of the "General Settings" section in DJI GO. You'll need to scroll to the bottom to see it.

It only shows the DJI Go version.. 2.8.5

I still have this exact same problem from yesterdays upgrade without success, along with constant yellow flashing lights and both units not connecting. I followed everything by the book. My post also got deleted which was ever so helpful. And I am still stuck with this issue. No response from Dji either. Don't get me wrong guys, but don't shut people out when they don't get success when doing things right. Clearly something has gone wrong on more than just my phantom which is a relief to see.
I'm on the same boat bro. Still trying to figure out what's wrong.. It's my second attempt to restrore my iPhone (long and bording process), and still no improvements. I tried to update the bird dozens of times, tested the DJI Go app with 3 different iPhones, changed cables.. Nothing. I've seen recently that this issue may be due to the USB module of the RC being killed by recent DJI updates..

It only shows the DJI Go version.. 2.8.5
You don't see any firmware versions listed? Keep in mind you'll need to have your Phantom and remote controller connected in order to see the versions.

You don't see any firmware versions listed? Keep in mind you'll need to have your Phantom and remote controller connected in order to see the versions.
The thing is, that I can't connect my RC to DJI Go, so I can't tell you what version is installed!

in July 2015, the current firmware version was 1.2.8. So, you're definitely running a firmware version older than 1.3.2 on your remote controller. That means you need to install 1.3.2 on your remote controller using a memory card and then install the latest firmware version on your remote controller using DJI GO.

Good catch! Did the OP manage to do this to the RC (1st via USB card reader to 1.3.2, then via DJI GO app to the current version)?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers