Can't connect app after Crash

Reaction score
Yesterday I lost a battle with a tree. After climbing the tallest tree I've ever climbed, scuttled 10 feet onto a branch and shake it out, I finally was able to shake it out of a tree. It was actually caught on the ground. The lens of the camera popped off. it took me 3 hours to find it. I finally found it. Seems like it just connects to the rest of the camera by a ribbon (already ordered) and magnets. I popped back a few parts of the cover that popped out. Replaced the blades.

Okay now you are caught up. I booted everything up and after a few minutes the lights turned green on the copter. The red light on the remote never turned on. I did find out later it still flies even though the light is red. The app won't connect. I know not to expect a video feed, no camera, but I assumed it would still connect to see battery and camera status. I've watched videos and read posts for the last 2 hours.

I assumed the remote and phone weren't connecting, but it does fly still. I tried the manual and software way of pairing the remote to copter. Turned on the remote first, turned on the copter first. I deleted the app and reinstalled it. Before the crash it connected to 3 devices, 2 iOS and 1 android. I seem to have ruled out the phone/app. I tried connecting in different parts of the house. I recharged batter and remote. Shouldn't be firmware since it flew yesterday.

I'd think maybe a wifi antenna got loose but would the remote still connect to the camera?

Any help is much appreciated.

I figured it out. If someone ever comes across this post. The problem is, the humble has to be attached to receive telemetry data. Something to do with the power. If you are fling without the camera you can take the lens and all the movable parts off, just attach the gray ribbon and fly w/ telemetry. Otherwise, you can fly with nothing attached without telemetry.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav