Can't charge controller

Reaction score
Got the Standard today, tried to charge controller from computer and from wall, When white cord is plugged inthe green light comes on after 3-4 hours of charging when turned on I get a green flashing light but the 4 small lights are dark. What to do next?

When the remote controller is charging, the small lights should flash white. The first light will flash until the battery is 25% charged. And, then the second light will start flashing. If none of the lights are flashing, the remote controller is not charging.

Some USB ports will not deliver enough power to charge the remote controller. Try plugging the remote controller into a different computer or a different USB port on your computer (if you only have one computer).

When the remote controller is charging, the small lights should flash white. The first light will flash until the battery is 25% charged. And, then the second light will start flashing. If none of the lights are flashing, the remote controller is not charging.

Some USB ports will not deliver enough power to charge the remote controller. Try plugging the remote controller into a different computer or a different USB port on your computer (if you only have one computer).

I used two differn't 1a wall plugs and a differn't computer. With controller hooked to power I get flashing light but nothing from the 4 small lights. I will try to contact DJI Monday as this was a factory purchase and see what they suggest I do next.

Did you try turning on the remote controller to see if it even powers up?

That's very strange. The Phantom manual does not mention that light pattern and I cannot find anything about it elsewhere. Perhaps DJI will have an answer for you on Monday.

Try leaving
The power led should only be solid red when charge and when its Finnish it should be green
That's what mine does. Had to play with it the first charge to get it to take, like turning on and off while plugged in. Try turning it on until it starts beeping (a reminder that you left it on) then turn it off and plug it into a computer again.

I am going through this same problem with my new 3 Standard.
I called DJI and they want me to send it back for repair. They told me how they want it boxed up and said they would send me a shipping label. Am still waiting for shipping label, hope to be able to fly someday.

Tried the charger for my phone and it worked.I think my supplied white usb cable was bad.

Tell them your financial institution will do what's called a chargeback if they don't overnight you a new one with the return label for the junk one. Totally unacceptable for them to tell you to wait for snail mail label imo. You bank can take the $$& back so can credit cards. -Joe

I called DJI and they want me to send it back for repair. They told me how they want it boxed up and said they would send me a shipping label. Am still waiting for shipping label, hope to be able to fly someday.

You bank can take the $$& back so can credit cards.
That's not a good idea. DJI will simply show they are working through the problem with the customer and the bank will not honor the charge-back. Now, politely asking for a return shipping label to be sent via email? Well, that's a perfectly acceptable solution to the problem. Jumping right to an extreme is rarely a smart way to solve a problem.

No. It's not 100$. Lot of $. I'm not trying to be extreme. If I had the problem with mine right out of box I got it at Best Buy . I'd return it and ask for a new one. Maybe it's a bit extreme. But it's a lot of cash. Hope it all gets figured out. -Joe

That's not a good idea. DJI will simply show they are working through the problem with the customer and the bank will not honor the charge-back. Now, politely asking for a return shipping label to be sent via email? Well, that's a perfectly acceptable solution to the problem. Jumping right to an extreme is rarely a smart way to solve a problem.

If I had the problem with mine right out of box I got it at Best Buy . I'd return it and ask for a new one.
Not everyone has the luxury of buying from Best Buy down the street though. Some people have to ship items back to repair/exchange them. There's no need to threaten a company that is trying to help resolve an issue. That's the extreme part.

dude have a whole cup of you know what. It's a public forum I'm entitled to my opinion. You have a problem with it no one wants to hear it.

Not everyone has the luxury of buying from Best Buy down the street though. Some people have to ship items back to repair/exchange them. There's no need to threaten a company that is trying to help resolve an issue. That's the extreme part.

I purchased this drone from DJI, the mail in label was to be emailed within 24 hours after receiving first 3 emails. After 24 hours I called and was told OH it takes 24 to 48 hours to generate a mail in label. I still don't have the label. Will call again and see what new story is. Really would like drone and learn how to fly.

Well the Drone and controller were sent to DJI repair yesterday. 5 days to get there 2-4 weeks to repair it, 5 days to ship it back. May get to fly it by March.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20