Can't believe the spark

Reaction score
How is it less then the phantom and more advanced ??? I feel ripped lol I'm going to sale my P3s for a spark anyone agree you pay almost 700 for a phantom when the spark is like 300 less for more ???

Reactions: FrequentHighFlyer
Well, not to state the obvious, but it is two years newer. Technology evolves.

It also isn't $300 less. It's $200 less than the P3S was two years ago, but that doesn't include the controller, which is, what, another $150. But the P3S currently can be had for $350 or less for a refurb.

Thanks sir I'm It just looks and does cooler things then my bird so I was salty about it lol I just got it a few months ago

Sick I want 1 too but it's really expensive I'm going to wait I'm learning a lot with my standard doesn't go to far but I'm trying to learn skills to make cool videos and stuff questions salty do you know how to to time lapse with my standard? Is it possible

Phantom is always better. It is bigger and can withstand the wind better. It also has a higher flight time. The spark is meant for selfies rlly. It has a 2 axis gimbal lol phantom has 3 axis. Will never get te spark. BTW, if you want range, you can only go a mile with the controller. The battery gets drained fast too in wind

Reactions: JoBe and MarcOD
Can it fly 4 miles like the P3P? That alone is more attractive to me. If the spark is able to fly far away like that, can be a phantom killer.

Reactions: Indiana Scott
Only thing I like about the spark is that it'll do the active track while flying backwards! I can't get my P4 to do that!

I see this as an addition and not an upgrade from my p3a. It's small enough that I can take it along with the phantom and let a buddy fly one. I enjoy proximity flying around sculptures and landscapes, flying low through meadows and between trees so for me the spark looks amazing. The Mavic is a cool design, but once unfolded it's about the same size as a phantom while the spark is half that. The shorter flight times and 2 axis gimbal are a sacrifice for something smaller and easier to launch than any other dji drone. I spent over $2000 on my p3a and accessories and enjoyed over 500 flights with it so I feel like I've already got more than my money's worth so $700 for this just seems perfect for what I'm looking for, a drone I can keep hidden in my car and launched quickly p, spur of the moment.

I see this as ...... a drone I can keep hidden in my car and launched quickly p, spur of the moment.
It's easy to think it's great to have in the car, so did I, then realized that's a really good way to ruin Li-Po batteries, baking in the heat. Even on 80F days the inside of a closed car will heat up to 110F and quickly ruin batteries with repetitive exposures like that, especially when fully charged. However, this unit is small enough to take with you, such as into the office where it's cool to protect from the heat. Some Northern climates may not have as much risk as So. Calif. but I can't leave my craft in the car, it gets way too hot, and I've got a white car.

Phantom is always better. It is bigger and can withstand the wind better. It also has a higher flight time. The spark is meant for selfies rlly. It has a 2 axis gimbal lol phantom has 3 axis. Will never get te spark. BTW, if you want range, you can only go a mile with the controller. The battery gets drained fast too in wind

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Selfi Drone.... really?

Reactions: Etop, sgf and VSR
Also can't get your P4 to fly with hand gestures... or get it in the air in less than 30 seconds... or carry it in your pocket
The P4 is a pretty stable drone. I saw a video shot with it. Probably the camera is better on a P4. I agree with you on the portability factor though.

The P4 is a pretty stable drone. I saw a video shot with it. Probably the camera is better on a P4. I agree with you on the portability factor though.

The camera on the P4 is absolutely a better camera... but i guarantee you that the Spark would fill the need of the majority of P4 owners. I'm not a film maker.. so 1080p at 30fps is just fine. My 4K TV up scales 1080p anyways, so the videos will look better. This isn't an apples to apples product comparison, it's DJI filling a niche and doing it quite nicely. You can operate the drone with your hand, phone or with a remote. No other drone allows for such an entry level gateway with the ability to scale up with progression.

Reactions: Ben Walford
Watch this video made with the Spark. If I can do this... my P3P will never see the light of day again.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers