Can't believe it!!

Reaction score
Unpacked my new P3S yesterday, all the checks performed, IMU update, controls etc. All items connected to each other, iPad 4 mini, controller and a/c, by just connecting WiFi. Reminder for firmware updates (ignored at the time).
Flew it in my local farmers fields, perfect manual control, did all I asked.
After reading the unfortunate horrors, on the help forum, I was full of trepidation.
Have not yet updated the firmware, as yet no apparently no need.
Just one question, when you cancel a lineal command on the joystick, the a/c 'bucks' (leading edge rises rapidly) before settling down. Normal??

Yes, that's perfectly normal. You can either go easier on the sticks to smooth out the movements or adjust the gains/EXP settings in DJI GO to smooth out those movements for you. See more details here.

Cheers chaps. Am familiar with the aerodynamics, just more 'violent' than I expected. Full shakedown of photographic equipment tomorrow, temperature and fog permitting.

Fly in atti mode, no brakes, smooths everything out, dream to fly then, I never liked that hard braking either

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Cheers chaps. Am familiar with the aerodynamics, just more 'violent' than I expected. Full shakedown of photographic equipment tomorrow, temperature and fog permitting.
You can dial down the aggressiveness of the brake and other automated responses. I run my brake at 75% takes a little longer to stop but it's a whole lot smoother. And has to be kinder to the airframe as well.

Sent from my SM-G900I using PhantomPilots mobile app

How do you adjust the 'brake aggression'?
You can adjust the brake in the "Main Controller Settings" --> "Advanced Settings" --> "Sensitivity" section of DJI GO.

You can adjust the brake in the "Main Controller Settings" --> "Advanced Settings" --> "Sensitivity" section of DJI GO.
OK. Have gone into the 'Sensitivity' setting, the reading was (0-0) 100.
Touched it to highlight it and managed somehow to change the values to (0-0) 0. Can't change it back, even though it highlighted. Doesn't respond to touch?

You need to connect your Phantom to DJI GO before you modify that setting.

Cheers. I had connected but obviously not in the right order. Touchy little rascals.
Now just entered the 'Sensors ' setting and they won't allow adjustment??

You should have bars that slide as shown below. If you do not see those, then try restarting DJI GO.

upload_2017-1-1_9-14-24.png

You should have bars that slide as shown below. If you do not see those, then try restarting DJI GO.

View attachment 72174
Hi. Have adjusted the brake thanks, but as said above I have entered 'Sensors' mode but they will not adjust.
I watched a tutorial and it showed 'curves' to adjust sensitivity, may have been a different model. I'm trying to slow the yaw for slower panning.

I have entered 'Sensors' mode but they will not adjust.
I guess you're referring to the EXP settings? Nothing can be modified in the "Sensors" section.

Check out this thread for more details on flying with smoother movements.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.