"Cannot take off"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
I'm siting here in Destin in a green zone and this POS will NOT let me take off no matter what! Tried to unlock it and it even tells me I don't need to....WTH???

After calming down, retrace your steps to see where you're at and I'm thinking there may be several people here who can help.

RC connection. App updates. DJI login. And finally the dreaded NFZ.

Any of these things could be happening but without a screen shot or explanation, we're all in the dark.

AD

Been calm for 5 days and now it's become absurd since others have been flying their magic and phantom 3 near me. Don't know how to unlock a NFZ when it doesn't say I'm in one.

Been calm for 5 days and now it's become absurd since others have been flying their magic and phantom 3 near me. Don't know how to unlock a NFZ when it doesn't say I'm in one.
What is exactly the message you are getting?

"Cannot take off" in red box where green gps ok box normally is

Just trying to help, but if you haven't done so already, it may help troubleshoot this by going to a different location that is also free of any restricted zoning issues. This may help determine if the issue you are having is with the bird or the area you are attempting to fly from.

From recent personal experience, I observed some issues of late that can't be explained.

Please keep us update.

Just trying to help, but if you haven't done so already, it may help troubleshoot this by going to a different location that is also free of any restricted zoning issues. This may help determine if the issue you are having is with the bird or the area you are attempting to fly from.

From recent personal experience, I observed some issues of late that can't be explained.

Please keep us update.

Thanks for all the help. Looks like DJI will not me fly anywhere in Destin area which is main reason I bought this. Had no problem flying about 15 miles east of here. This NFZ is BS. They could at least just limit the height to even 30 feet so I could film my family on the beach. Wish someone would start a class action lawsuit after all ITS A TOY! Never had to register my Trex 700 which is MUCH larger faster and more dangerous and I can fly the thing anywhere I damned well please!!!!!

Thanks for all the help. Looks like DJI will not me fly anywhere in Destin area which is main reason I bought this. Had no problem flying about 15 miles east of here. This NFZ is BS. They could at least just limit the height to even 30 feet so I could film my family on the beach. Wish someone would start a class action lawsuit after all ITS A TOY! Never had to register my Trex 700 which is MUCH larger faster and more dangerous and I can fly the thing anywhere I damned well please!!!!!

Destin Florida?
I observed a post from the Mavic forum of members who live in or near there and fly. Maybe you can find some help from them or the post.

It's not much help from me, but I wish you well!

Link:
Destin Florida Here

It looks likes Destin is airport central. They have the Executive Airport, Destin-Ft Walton Beach Airport, Elgin AFB. Not sure how others are DJI UAS' are flying there unless they jailbroke them. :)

Anyway, I feel your pain. I can't take aerials of my new building going up because it's in Disney's NFZ.

It looks likes Destin is airport central. They have the Executive Airport, Destin-Ft Walton Beach Airport, Elgin AFB. Not sure how others are DJI UAS' are flying there unless they jailbroke them. :)

Anyway, I feel your pain. I can't take aerials of my new building going up because it's in Disney's NFZ.

Talked to two people flying with no problems and neither were jail broke. One was the new mavic and the other was an older phantom 3. I even tried to unlock the zone I'm in but it won't let me because it says I'm not in a NFZ. It's nuts. I'm leaving for home tomorrow with not even a minute of video from our vacation.

I will be trying to get my money back one way or the other and buying something without any BS restrictions. Quality may not be as good but quality doesn't mean squat if you can't fly the **** thing!

Talked to two people flying with no problems and neither were jail broke. One was the new mavic and the other was an older phantom 3. I even tried to unlock the zone I'm in but it won't let me because it says I'm not in a NFZ. It's nuts. I'm leaving for home tomorrow with not even a minute of video from our vacation.

I will be trying to get my money back one way or the other and buying something without any BS restrictions. Quality may not be as good but quality doesn't mean squat if you can't fly the **** thing!
Yeh that pretty suc dont suppose you try reinstall gjigo4 app,tryed any others like ultimate flight or litchi see if they let you fly,even try compass calibration ,might wake it up ,,best of luck

I understand your pissed off sense.... this is EXACTLY why I didn't update their ******* NFZ crap.

I understand your pissed off sense.... this is EXACTLY why I didn't update their ******* NFZ crap.
Yeh there was new app update for me today last week 4.1.2 this week today 4.1.3 sposed to be a bug fixer,,ha,, (android) lets see how this goes.,mine has never prompt me to update firmware since new 6 months ago ,it does the version check before conecting but thats it,,i dont want to force a firmware update i think thats where the fun starts :)

Yeh there was new app update for me today last week 4.1.2 this week today 4.1.3 sposed to be a bug fixer,,ha,, (android) lets see how this goes.,mine has never prompt me to update firmware since new 6 months ago ,it does the version check before conecting but thats it,,i dont want to force a firmware update i think thats where the fun starts :)
Yeah, I updated the firmware but I did not update the NFZ zone. It always asks but even if I'm in a big crowd of people, I flick off the screen and say "NOT TODAY A**HOLE"

Yeh that pretty suc dont suppose you try reinstall gjigo4 app,tryed any others like ultimate flight or litchi see if they let you fly,even try compass calibration ,might wake it up ,,best of luck

After the 6th day of fighting with it I just gave up and decided these drones will not fly Florida. Thought about doing the compass calibration but was too frustrated to even take out and try. Now I will never know what other areas or blocked out until i take it somewhere else again. Im ready to sell, return or sue at this point to get my money back.

After the 6th day of fighting with it I just gave up and decided these drones will not fly Florida. Thought about doing the compass calibration but was too frustrated to even take out and try. Now I will never know what other areas or blocked out until i take it somewhere else again. Im ready to sell, return or sue at this point to get my money back.
Dam phantoms yip i had bad issues today aswell ,only 4 hours to log in to fly, yip have a break 6 days hell i would have chucked it in the air before that,,you got patience ,have a break ,,stick at it ,it should start and fly without app but thats all like locked begineer mode, but flying blind,try take off like this if works its the app stopping you,best of luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair