Cannot get my FC40 to fly - newbie here who needs help!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, and I'm embarrassed to say I've had my FC40 since April but I have not been able to fly it. I know I've checked the calibration on the RC correctly, and the lights turn green, but for some reason the aircraft cannot fly up. I've gotten the propellers to turn on, but when I push the left joystick up to get it to fly up, it will not. I am not a technical person, so please bear with me - I really want to get this to work. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me! :oops:

So you plugged(phantom)it up to the computer to open the Naza software correct? And you did the Tx calibration and all sticks have complete movement? Have you done a Advanced calibration? Make sure the compass is plugged in correctly? Proper compass dance? Props on correctly? Just thinking of the easy things first. Good luck.

jerrymac12000 said:
Are the cw and the ccw props on the correct prop shafts? If not, the quad will just sit and not try to fly at all.

But how could they NOT be in the correct positions? They only go on one way.

gabnewbie said:
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, and I'm embarrassed to say I've had my FC40 since April but I have not been able to fly it. I know I've checked the calibration on the RC correctly, and the lights turn green, but for some reason the aircraft cannot fly up. I've gotten the propellers to turn on, but when I push the left joystick up to get it to fly up, it will not. I am not a technical person, so please bear with me - I really want to get this to work. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me! :oops:

Maybe supply us with a phone video of what it's doing (not doing) because your description is pretty vague.

Can he be in Mode 1 and needs to push the right joystick up instead of the left to get it to rise?

dtviewer said:
Can he be in Mode 1 and needs to push the right joystick up instead of the left to get it to rise?

Ah good point. Try using the right stick for the throttle? What the heck???

I did some checking in the manual. The sensor may be out of calibration. Load the computer software and check the IMU setting. You may have to do the basic or advanced calibrations depending on what the computer readout says.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20