Cannot get motor to spin even after replacement

Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my first post.

I am seeking help before buying anymore parts. I found a Phantom 2 Vision that someone had crashed some time ago. I took everything apart and cleaned it up. I have sourced a new battery and a controller (among some other parts [props etc]).

I can get the Phantom to power on and everything checks out without any problems. The controls all seem to work with one exception. One motor (rear black) will not spin. It will twitch like it wants to but increasing throttle will not power it up. I have replaced the motor but I'm still having the same issue. Before I order a new ESC I was wondering if anyone would have any insight as to what the problem might be.

I'm also having a problem with the camera. This is a secondary issue as I'm really trying to get this thing to fly first. I cannot connect to the camera. I get a whirring sound on the motor of the camera and if I tilt the copter the motor will move slightly like it wants to stay level but that is all. My fear is that the camera is faulty and will also need to be replaced.

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to lend.

It sounds like an ESC issue... Have you checked connections to make sure they are tight?

Clockworkskin said:
Hello everyone, this is my first post.

Welcome!

One motor (rear black) will not spin. It will twitch like it wants to but increasing throttle will not power it up. I have replaced the motor but I'm still having the same issue.

Did you replace it with a brand new motor?
Are the wires soldered correctly and to the right terminals?
If yes to these questons then it is probably a faulty ESC (electronic speed controller).

I'm also having a problem with the camera.

I have a Vision+ so can't comment on the camera issue. Best of luck. Hope you get it flying :)

Yeah it was a brand new motor. I have ordered a new ESC which should be here tomorrow. I'm hoping that is the last piece of the puzzle to get this thing airborne. I'll update tomorrow.

I'm going to play with the camera some more tonight and see if I can figure it out. If not, there is a seller on EBay selling them for $45 right now which isn't too bad.

Thank for the help from both of you.

wouldn't the easiest thing be to try the motor on a different esc.. swap a working motor and with the one in question. I cannot think of a reason not to try this... good luck

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20