Cannot get drone off the ground

Reaction score
I just bought a phantom 3 standard and I can not get it to lift off. Can anyone help?

Did you register it in the DJI GO app?

Yes, very vague question, there are many steps you must do. What have done so far.

Reactions: rene van der meer
I couldn't get the motors to start until I updated the firmware. Your experience must be different from mine...

Do the motors turn at all? Is it completely dead? Have you got the controls set backwards? Is your firmware, whatever edition it is, connecting?

I couldn't get the motors to start until I updated the firmware. Your experience must be different from mine...
I agree with Meta4, but is very confusing on what actually you did to make it fly. ;)

Not true .... it's quite possible to fly without updating anything.
With all due respects Meta4. Can you please elaborate on that statement? I as a dealer would like to know this. Got any links that you could share would be great! That fly out of the box thing is not always true. I get 2 P3S's out of ten that won't fly until the FW is updated. Now since the last FW was released. I have noticed that they will not fly until registered with a DJI account. Thanks for your support.,, BB

I have noticed that they will not fly until registered with a DJI account.
This has always been the case for all models of the Phantom 3.

Reactions: Drone Master
This has always been the case for all models of the Phantom 3.
Not at first when the P3 was released. Those birds would fly literally with no problem as long as the current Go Application was current in those days.
As of App version 2.4.2 is when it all changed to a requirement to register the aircraft for it to fly. I could be a bit off on versions but I myself witnessed this myself just selling them.

With all due respects Meta4. Can you please elaborate on that statement? I as a dealer would like to know this. Got any links that you could share would be great! That fly out of the box thing is not always true. I get 2 P3S's out of ten that won't fly until the FW is updated. Now since the last FW was released. I have noticed that they will not fly until registered with a DJI account. Thanks for your support.,, BB
I would be interested to know too. I have a P3S that came with no firmware, in sept of last year. Wouldn't fly, wouldn't hook up to my phone, wouldn't do squat. Went through a confusing process of home wifi, drone wifi, back to home wifi, and finally it updated the drone. So In my experience, they don't all fly
"right out of the box".

Reactions: Drone Master
Not at first when the P3 was released. Those birds would fly literally with no problem
Very odd. I got my P3P a few weeks after they started shipping. I had to register mine.

From the first P3 sold, you had to activate the aircraft (register with DJI) but you do not have to update anything to fly.
Many owners are happily flying with older versions of the app and firmware without any problems at all.
The app will advise that newer firmware is available but that is all, just a simple brief advice notice.

I had to update, or seemed like load the firmware onto the drone, since it wouldn't do anything when it came.

From the first P3 sold, you had to activate the aircraft (register with DJI) but you do not have to update anything to fly.
Many owners are happily flying with older versions of the app and firmware without any problems at all.
The app will advise that newer firmware is available but that is all, just a simple brief advice notice.
Your very well right. however I did fly the P3S's. Not P3A's or P3P's out of the box with out even having to activate. I suppose it was just a factory and FW thing at the time of assembly.
Who knows how many got out like that. Just saying!

My experience has been the same. I think some people are confused and think the messages in the DJI GO app mean the firmware updates must be installed.

Wow, this thread took a left turn. Did the OP ever get the drone to fly?

We don't know. The OP is MIA.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20