Cannot connect after updates

Reaction score
I updated to the just released firmware on my RC and the P3A.

Big mistake.

Now my RC won't connect with the bird.
The sdcard created this file but it makes little sense to me.

Result: Success.

========== 2016.03.23 15:26:27 =====================
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.07.0060.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2016.03.23 15:31:21 =====================
Upgrading ...

========== 2016.03.23 15:34:34 =====================
Upgrading ...

========== 2016.03.23 15:37:27 =====================
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2016.03.23 15:39:48 =====================
Upgrading ...

========== 2016.03.23 15:43:47 =====================

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:09 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.10.0090.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2017.04.05 14:04:55 =====================

========== 2017.04.10 09:43:41 =====================

========== 2017.04.10 11:05:38 =====================

========== 2017.04.10 11:12:53 =====================

========== 2017.04.10 11:31:27 =====================

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.11.0020.bin
Upgrading ...

You might try including a blank text file named P3S_FW_DEBUG with no extensions on your SD card. Search for Zamora post on this site. He has posted a video. The topic of the post was "cannot downgrade FW from 1.7.9 to anything older."

You might try including a blank text file named P3S_FW_DEBUG with no extensions on your SD card. Search for Zamora post on this site. He has posted a video. The topic of the post was "cannot downgrade FW from 1.7.9 to anything older."

Just add it to the sdcard?
Can I format first on my PC?

The only thing you want on the SD card is the debug file mentioned above, and the bin file of the new firmware. I do not know if you have to reformat the card. But I would make sure that all files are trashed before you put the bin file and the debug file on.

After you do this, just put it in your drone and start it up and wait. Watch the light on the gimbal as it should flash alternately green and red until it is finished. When finished the sound should change and the light should be flashing green.

Again, I would suggest looking at the video mentioned above.

I cannot guarantee that this will solve your problem, but it's worth a try.

Reactions: umanbean
The new update also requires a new update for the RC. When you fire it up you should see what it wants.

I am in the process of that now. Have you done that?

Well, I just finished and mine won't connect either. I wonder if anyone else is having the problem.

Let me know if you figure it out and I'll do the same.

Thanks,

I don't think I would have ever thought to try that. Wonder what made that happen? I would be interested to see if everyone is having to do that.

Thanks again.

Reactions: SHRED
Thanks,

I don't think I would have ever thought to try that. Wonder what made that happen? I would be interested to see if everyone is having to do that.

Thanks again.
I asked around and got this tip.
Thank goodness.

I just started using Litchi last week. I am seeing a few problems with it also. The auto take-off doesn't appear to work.

I think I'll let someone else fly first before I do. Going in for back surgery Monday so will not be flying for a couple of weeks.

The last update sure was smoother than this one.

Thanks,

Thanks again.
Relinking was specifically called out in the release notes for the new FW, so DJI may think that relinking may be needed more often than normal this time. We'll probably see a few posts noting connection issues after updating.

Drive_20170706_215007.png

Last edited:
Makes you wonder if they knew it might happen why they would code around it.

I also don't care for the part where they say some of your setting may reset back to the default. I wish they would save them off on the SD card and restore them after the update. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack to see if anything got reset. How do you handle that?

Reactions: SHRED
Ahhh so this update brings in the need to be logged into the app thing, looks like I'm avoiding that update

Just updated all three of my P3P everything went smoothly with no hassles or problems... NOTE. After the firmware update your controller will not link to the aircraft turn off aircraft turn off controller turn off app reboot everything and then relink your aircraft to the controller.. hope this helps everybody.. happy flying

Reactions: Webby and SHRED
Just upgraded and had same results. Red light on RC and no image. Once the remote was relinked with aircraft problem solved.

is the last 1.10 firmware gone or can you still fly with it and avoid this new bs..i flew on the 1.10 all week,over ocean,next to an outer banks nc airport with no problems. thanks

is the last 1.10 firmware gone or can you still fly with it and avoid this new bs..i flew on the 1.10 all week,over ocean,next to an outer banks nc airport with no problems. thanks
Updating FW is not mandatory. It is your choice to update or not.

thanks Oso..just being wary of dji...never know what those guys are doing next.....peace

thanks Oso..just being wary of dji...never know what those guys are doing next.....peace
I get it. I'm still on 1.4 and 1.6 on my Phantoms. Cheers.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20