Cannot center my Taranis 9XD left joystick, any clues?

Reaction score
Converting from the factory setting of no-spring centered throttle, I was easily able to follow the simple directions, back out the screw, and make the throttle spring-centered like the stock DJI controller.

The problem is that it is not crisp. There is a lot of vertical slop that shows up mechanically and electrically. Yes, the screw is backed out all the way for maximum spring tension. Horizontally there is no slop.

The right side stick is perfect (as it came from the factory) with absolutely no slop.

I bet I'm missing something really easy, and I'm hoping you know the answer and would take the time to tell me.

Many thanks!

Khudson7 said:
Take a look at this guide. Page down approx 4-6 pages to the picture of the screws inside taranis with the red, green and blue squares. You need to play around with the adjustment of ALL those screws to get it just right. I got mine working exactly like the right side stick. Hope this helps...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...oYMzP9XA-PJA81rDJQ/mobilebasic#h.969julpmmmk7
Thanks, I had seen that already, and have adjusted all the screws. I think you're right- I need to just keep working with it.

OI Photography said:
I was able to get my left stick to behave just like the right one by just looking at the screw positions of the other and duplicating them.

Thanks, I tried the same thing, but without success. I think I just need to try it again.

Out of curiosity, have you tried flying without the spring loaded throttle? If not, you might want to give it a try. I actually prefer the non spring throttle on my Taranis. Just a thought. :)

Mike said:
Out of curiosity, have you tried flying without the spring loaded throttle? If not, you might want to give it a try. I actually prefer the non spring throttle on my Taranis. Just a thought. :)

Good idea- I'll try that.

On a side note, anybody in here want to get rid of the spring throttle lever thing in their stock controller? I want to convert my P1 controller to a spring return one, but the parts aren't available anywhere.

Oh, and the shapeways 3D printed part sucks. Horribly inaccurate which has given me nothing but issues.

If anybody has a lever they want to get rid of, shoot me a message here or an email to [email protected]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic