Canadians who have long range antennas

Reaction score
Hey fellow Canadians with a pro or advanced!!

I'm trying to finalize pricing for a new side business I'm starting. Im going to start selling and installing long range options here in Toronto to hopefully save us some money with our 35% exchange rate mark up!

To anyone who had a kit already installed I am wondering what setup you are using and what was the total cost of your setup after shipping, exchange, etc.

I want to price as aggressively as I can but it will only make sense if it is cheaper than what we can get them for from the USA.

I'm specifically asking about the p3A or p3p !! If you have one done on another model please pm me!

Cheers everyone !!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: dirtybum
At Canucks in the house with DBS or FPVLR ?

I have the p3p with the DBS antenna. I installed it myself. I purchased when the dollar was pretty much at par. With the exchange rate today I would of said forget it

I doubt you would be able to compete. The Chinese want to be paid in US dollars. We would save a little from the shipping but you would not have enough business to make it worth while selling to Canada. My 2 cents

What would you pay for the DBS kit to do it yourself ? And also what would you find reasonable to have it installed ? Canadian $

I would pay 120.00 Canadian you got to keep in mind tax in the US is 7 percent. Canadians pay 13 percent. I can get a DBS today shipped from the US including taxes and shipping for 170.00 If I paid.....

120 Canadian
15.00 shipping
13 % tax
136.95 Total.

I appreciate the feedback but your #s are making sense to me ?

DBS - $109 USD
shipping - $15 USD
= $124 USD
= $170 CAD
+ 13% tax - $22.10

= $192.10 CAD total

Have you ever imported anything? You get charged tax at the border (13% in ontario) and then brokerage fees generally by the shipping company.

I have ordered many things from the US. Although I did get charged a few times I can say 90 percent of the time I paid invoice price without ant other charges. eBay is one I can't get away from but I don't purchase from eBay anymore

Anyhow, enough banter. Back on topic !!

Any other Canadians who already have DBS or FPVLR mods done ??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers