Canadians who have bought direct from DJI

Reaction score
If we order from DJI. Does it come from China?
If it does are you getting hit for the HST?

Last edited:
Comes from LA, you pay tax and brokerage.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Why do you want to buy it from US? Just wondering

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I though I had seen some posts from Canadians that bought from china and they did not have to pay 13% tax.
I am Canadian. The order I had placed at a local store (was a great deal) has become back ordered. I am looking at alternatives.

I've recieved some items direct from China (not through DJI) and not paid any fee's at all and other Items from China that I got hit hard (13%+)...Just the luck of the draw IME.

FYI - Canadian buyers... at least here in BC, supposively Transport Canada has ordered a stop on drone imports for some reason. I bought may Phantom 3 Pro on Dec 31st online from a local dealer here on Vancouver Island... when I went to pick up the Phantom on Monday they explained the just gave their last Phantom 3 to someone as a warranty BUT they'd have a new shipment sometime later that day... A day turned into days ... and what went from normal customs delays to WTF? My supplier called me yesterday to say that Transport Canada has put a hold on importing drones - or atleast the phantom. He explained it's not just his shipment but 100s if not thousands of phantoms are sitting in customs awaiting clearance from Transport Canada or someone. DHL has also gotten involved due to the severe backlash from customers wondering where their orders are... Last I heard on Friday afternoon is hopefully something will be announced or the shipments released sometime soon.

Whatever that means... :/

FYI - Canadian buyers... at least here in BC, supposively Transport Canada has ordered a stop on drone imports for some reason. I bought may Phantom 3 Pro on Dec 31st online from a local dealer here on Vancouver Island... when I went to pick up the Phantom on Monday they explained the just gave their last Phantom 3 to someone as a warranty BUT they'd have a new shipment sometime later that day... A day turned into days ... and what went from normal customs delays to WTF? My supplier called me yesterday to say that Transport Canada has put a hold on importing drones - or atleast the phantom. He explained it's not just his shipment but 100s if not thousands of phantoms are sitting in customs awaiting clearance from Transport Canada or someone. DHL has also gotten involved due to the severe backlash from customers wondering where their orders are... Last I heard on Friday afternoon is hopefully something will be announced or the shipments released sometime soon.

That's wild !!!!

Apple has some in stock !! Grab one there !!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Click on the link, they are in stock... I'd like to see some documentation from Canada customs before I believe the sky is falling.

Lots of info from TC here,

Flying a drone or an unmanned air vehicle (UAV) for work or research - Transport Canada
I doubt the sky is falling... probably / hopefully it is just some documentation confusion. But I figured I'd post a thread to see if anyone else has encountered issues.

Which may help me decided whether to stick with my current supplier and wait this out a few days OR jump ship and buy form someone else.

Thanks for the link too! I contacted them and asked if they ship from with-in Canada. If so, maybe I'll jump ship. ;)

Click on the link, they are in stock... I'd like to see some documentation from Canada customs before I believe the sky is falling.

Lots of info from TC here,

Flying a drone or an unmanned air vehicle (UAV) for work or research - Transport Canada

Looks like there are a total of 7 available (if you can trust the live feed).
p3.jpg

That may explain something I saw on DJI site around xmas. It said not available in your country. So I deleted the DJI cookies. Used a VPN in the US so they would think I was in US and went back to JDI. The not available was gone.
But a couple weeks later I went back as a Canadian and they were available. Beats me?

They are at the Apple Store in Canada !!! How much easier can you get ??

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Bought directly from Dji website, delivered to Toronto by DHL within a week. 999 USD for advanced no taxes or other fees. Exchange rate to CAD sucked though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20