Canadian Buyers -- Have you heard of Transport Canada holding imports of Drones??

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread as a reply... but I figured topic may deserve it's own thread.

I bought may Phantom 3 Pro on Dec 31st online from a local dealer here on Vancouver Island... when I went to pick up the Phantom on Monday they explained the just gave their last Phantom 3 to someone as a warranty BUT they'd have a new shipment sometime later that day... A day turned into days ... and what went from normal customs delays to WTF? My supplier called me yesterday to say that Transport Canada has put a hold on importing drones - or atleast the phantom. He explained it's not just his shipment but 100s if not thousands of phantoms are sitting in customs (BC and/or Canada) awaiting clearance from Transport Canada or someone... Sounds like DHL needs a clearance doc from Transport Canada or something? Last I heard DHL has also gotten involved due to the severe backlash from customers wondering where their orders are...

Maybe something will be announced next week or better this issue is resolved.

Mine shipped Jan 6, 2015 and was delivered Jan 7, 2015. No problems at all for 3 packages total (1x Phantom 3 in one box)

Mine is currently on its way from China (DJI direct). Just left Cincinnati today, and is on its way to Alberta. Supposed to be here on Monday. I'll let you know then.

Reactions: Coastguy3270
Mine is currently on its way from China (DJI direct). Just left Cincinnati today, and is on its way to Alberta. Supposed to be here on Monday. I'll let you know then.
Gee, I was contemplating getting a Matrice 100, better do it quick, if I do it at all :)

I ordered my Phantom 3 on Dec 3, A week later I checked the tracking number I was given and found out it was being held in US customs and was on hold. So it did not clear customs and was sent back. But as soon zoom electronics, the Amazon store I had ordered it from received it they sent it again. I finally received it 3 days ago.

During the time you guys are saying transport canada was blocking phantoms. I was on DJI
web site under the buy section and it stated there "not available in your country" Canada.
I look again about a week latter and it was gone.

Ya, mine was from DJI direct. My son-in-law ordered one on Boxing day and it arrived a week later, no problems at all.

Just wondering what firmware you had when it arrived?

My advanced arrived today. DJI took care of all taxes and duty. No issues.

Reactions: Trackman1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.