Can you use the same App with the P2V-plus and the P2V?

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 2 Vision. It has been working quite well for over 6 months. I have plenty of video to show which was recently in the local news. I needed more FPV range so I purchased the newer extender (RE700) and again this has been working very well. I was using the DJI app version = 1.0.38 with a Samsung Galaxy S4.

But I wanted more controller range and better video so I purchased a new P2V-plus with the gimbal. The app I was using with the P2V does not work very well with the plus model. I had no control over the camera gimbal. So I updated the app to the current 1.0.52. Things are working well now with the stock P2V-plus.

But now with the updated app the camera FPV does not work with my original P2V. What I mean is that the image I am seeing on my phone is now a garbled mess and useless. I have changed camera setting, rebooted the camera, re-charged everything, and this problem will not go away. I assume the problem is with the app since that is ONLY thing that changed with my P2V setup.

I hope I don't have to buy another smart phone just to use a different app version. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Maybe I need to downgrade the app if that is possible.

If you are having problems with 1.0.52, try going back to 1.0.39. That version should work with both and it was the first version that gave you tilt control for the V+ so tilting won't be an issue. I am currently using 1.0.39.

Hey DB,
You always seem to be so helpful to so many, if you get a few minutes could you take a look at the PM I sent you a few days ago ? ; )

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20