Can you use DJI OEM 5200mah Lipo batteries for goggles?

Reaction score
I am a new user of the Phantom and am flying a Phantom 2 with FPV. I travel with 4 DJI OEM 5200mah Lipo batteries for the quad along with the charger. I also use a separate small Lipo for my goggles. Is there a way one of the DJI OEM 5200mah Lipo batteries can be used to power my goggles so I don't have to bring along a separate charger for my 1000mah 3 cell 11.1 V lipo? Has anyone tried to do this? Is it possible or harmful to the DJI 5200mah Lipo?

If they are both 3 cell pack (3S type = connected in series for the total of 11.1 V), and you have proper connectors then it is okay. The higher the capacity, the longer it will last, in this case the 5200 mAh pack will last approximately 5 times of the 1000 mAh one, but it will be much heavier.

eroomomni said:
I am a new user of the Phantom and am flying a Phantom 2 with FPV. I travel with 4 DJI OEM 5200mah Lipo batteries for the quad along with the charger. I also use a separate small Lipo for my goggles. Is there a way one of the DJI OEM 5200mah Lipo batteries can be used to power my goggles so I don't have to bring along a separate charger for my 1000mah 3 cell 11.1 V lipo? Has anyone tried to do this? Is it possible or harmful to the DJI 5200mah Lipo?
If your goggles support 12v power, or you wire up a bec to whatever voltage it needs, a p2 battery discharges just like any other battery. That's a big battery to run a set of goggles; my 4400mah powers a 7" monitor and vrx for nearly 6 hours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers