Can you update the gimbal without updating phantom?

Reaction score
I was flying around the lake today and after watching the videos i noticed the gimbal would twitch and then center itself again. Would do this every once in awhile and I dont want it to mess up any shots in the future. Im assuming the gimbal firmware should probably be updated since ive never done that before. Any ideas how to do that without updating the firmware on the phantom?

Are you using the anti-interference board in the line to the Gimbal? Was this a one time thing? I have only had mine do this a couple times flying fast into a head wind hard enough to slow the gimbal movement.

Yes, you can update just the gimbal.

this is the fist time this has happened but i filmed throughout the day and it did it every time we took it out. And yeah I have the anti-interference board. It would twitch even when standing in one spot so I dont think it was a wind issue. Do you think updating the gimbal might fix this or does it sound like some kind of other issue?

Does updating just the gimbal have to be done on a PC? When i hook the phantom up to my mac it wont let me update anything. Also I heard when you plug the phantom into the PC it automatically updates the phantom, anyone happen to know if this is true?

It does not update automatically. I have been a version behind for months and was still able to connect and do an advanced IMU calibration and see that there was an update available. I chose not to update.

I just updated everything last night. Seems fantastic now.

badbrad97 said:
It does not update automatically. I have been a version behind for months and was still able to connect and do an advanced IMU calibration and see that there was an update available. I chose not to update.

Im still on the original firmware it came with. Did you notice any difference in performance with the upgraded firmware?

cventu6 said:
badbrad97 said:

I'm still on the original firmware it came with. Did you notice any difference in performance with the upgraded firmware?

I really only noticed that it flies VERY straight now and that it seems like it doesn't move as fast. I finally turned on NAZA mode so now I can use Course Lock, Home Lock and ATT mode.

I have noticed that although GPS mode seems slower than before, I can switch to ATT mode and really move out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20