Can you suggest?

Reaction score
Where is the best place to buy?
I am considering:
- Phantom 2 Vision Plus
- Prop guards
- Spare props
- Hard case for all
- Would love it if the case could also contain my Samsung 10.1 tablet and the 10" universal holder for the tablet
- Looking for a dealer that will provide timely and accurate support

I live in the Balto, Md area, but have no problem dealing mail order, phone, email ...

Appreciate your feedback!

It comes with a spare set of Props. I'm still on my first set after a month and a half. I'll buy additional spares if/when I damage the first set.

Prop guards are not useful. I bought some myself and removed them after two flights. I would only consider putting them back on if i was flying low near a crowd of people and I never fly near trees or buildings.
They make it troublesome to transport since you can't fit the phantom into any case with the the guards attached.
I always land it when I can and have never had a tip over because I don't land with any momentum. If there's no place flat to land I hand catch.

Looking for a case myself but considering a backpack style since I like to hike alot.

B&H sells a grouping including a great hard case that has everything you need. Forget the prop guards! B&H also has about as good a return policy as there is if you should have any problem whatsoever.

Yep on B&H. I know someone who had to have their p2v+ repaired by DJI, so they bought one from B&H. They flew it for 29 days, and then returned it on the 30th day. Only had to be without their drone for about 2 weeks.

Thanks for the feedback all - think I'll take a look on the B&H site - Chris

Chris, as I said, they have a package that gives you an extra battery, extra props and one hell of a nice hard case. I think it's $1395.00. For a little bit more you can get a case with wheels. They will try to sell you prop guards but don't do it! They can overnight it to you for $50.00 or there about too.

You have lots of suggestions already, but I would suggest your forgo the prop guards. Not worth risking your camera/gimbal to a VRS crash. Cheaper to replace an occasional prop.

JWarren said:
Chris, as I said, they have a package that gives you an extra battery, extra props and one hell of a nice hard case. I think it's $1395.00. For a little bit more you can get a case with wheels. They will try to sell you prop guards but don't do it! They can overnight it to you for $50.00 or there about too.

+1. Would not purchase one from anyone but B&H... Absolutely amazing customer support.

Extra battery is a must. You may want to try and talk thm in to a third battery for 129.00. Had a friend that just got one from them for that price when they ordered their Phantom..

Welcome to the obsession.

Cocoa Beach Kiter said:
JWarren said:

+1. Would not purchase one from anyone but B&H... Absolutely amazing customer support.

Extra battery is a must. You may want to try and talk thm in to a third battery for 129.00. Had a friend that just got one from them for that price when they ordered their Phantom..

Welcome to the obsession.

As I recall, they only charge $129 per battery, without having to be talked into it: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... ttery.html

Edit: aaaaand I just bought a 4th battery. dammit. I can't stop spending money on this ******* thing.

I ended up buying from B&H. Bought yesterday, should be arriving any minute today! Theonline experience was totally painless. I purchased the bundle including extra battery, 32GB card, P2V+, and the hard case. Anxiously awaiting its arrival!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic