Can you mix and match ESC?

Can you have both V2 and V2.1 ESC on the P2? Do they use the same firmware?

If you are using the original 2212 motors you can mix ESC modules but not with the 2312 motors all four ESC modules have to be v2,1.

If you are using the original 2212 motors you can mix ESC modules but not with the 2312 motors all four ESC modules have to be v2,1.
Thanks,
I have yet to open up my P2 to see what the ESC are. The motors do not seem to have any writing on them but again might have when I remove the case. Two of the motors have the black dot rather than the whole black screw fitting for the prop.

Thanks,
I have yet to open up my P2 to see what the ESC are. The motors do not seem to have any writing on them but again might have when I remove the case. Two of the motors have the black dot rather than the whole black screw fitting for the prop.

Those are 2212 motors so you can mix ESC modules.

Those are 2212 motors so you can mix ESC modules.

I have finally opened up my P2 I was wrong about the black mark on the motor. The whole of the top spindle is black not just a dot. (thinking of my old P1). I brought the P2 after the newer motors were released. And the motors do look like the newer ones but no actual markings on them. The ESC are all V2 :( On checking through various threads on a number of forums I gather that DJI brought out the V2.1 ESC because of issues with the V2 one. And I guess I am now suffering from these issues and had I flown a lot more guess I would have encountered them sooner. Bit annoyed that I now have to pay to have affectively the correct ESC fitted and perhaps new motors as well. Looking at all that soldering I don't feel happy about trying it myself. I have sent DJI an e-mail but don't expect much if any help.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj