Can you get rid of the blurriness on your fatshark dominator v3´s and what do you think about them?

Reaction score
Just got fatshark dominator v3 goggles and trying to adjust viewing angles and sharpness of the screen but cannot completely get rid of the blurriness on the edges. Is that to expect or may there just be better and worse examples of this model? Bought it second-hand but they are still under warranty.

I think they have somewhat small screen, did not fly them yet (snowing :-(), but screen resolution is OK when I watched my other flights through them.
Joystick on the top for adjusting the brightness and contrast is unprecise.
Tried to connect AV cable to my TV when watching input from hdmi with cable but could only get sound through, not picture. Is it possible to have picture out when hdmi with cable is engaged?

I payed 380$ for them togheter with dji hdmi output module and the charger for the fatshark battery, I think even for that price the worth of the goggles is questionable, mainly because of that blurriness of the edges. Or maybe I have too high demands.

These are just OK goggles as they have low resolution compared to what you get out of HDMI module. They will not be very sharp.

These are just OK goggles as they have low resolution compared to what you get out of HDMI module. They will not be very sharp.

Do you have those as well?
I am not saying resolution is bad as I knew what resolution was when I bought, again resolution is OK.
I am talking about not being able to get same sharpness of the image in the edges as it is in the middle of the screen. At best, ca 80% of the adjusted image is sharp.

I had them but donated as was not satisfied. No, I didn't see so much of poor edges. Do you keep the small fan ON to avoid fogginess on the lenses?

Fatsharks are old school IMO, way over rated. There are many others, but none that I would call perfect, yet. Since my eyes are old I have to wear glasses, and most of the goggles have focal problems when I wear my reader glasses, and most don't have adjustments for diopler. So far the HeadPlay goggle are best for the money, but I've had to modify them by replacing the Fresnel lens with a Carter optical lens, jury-rigged installation. My next set to try are Eachine model 2, I hear those are good. The Eachine model 1 I bought didn't work with DJI software due to an incompatible aspect ratio in the screen, it cut off the telemetry data at the top and bottom. I do not like VR goggles because it splits the screen into two halves, reducing the resolution. A one screen goggle with a good lens for close-up focus, and 720 resolution is what I'm looking for, matching the 720 coming out of the RC HDMI port. My Headplay goggle is a gas to fly with, even though the Carter lens I installed is kinda micky mouse. It's like flying with an IMAX screen in front of you, pretty incredible.

I had them but donated as was not satisfied. No, I didn't see so much of poor edges. Do you keep the small fan ON to avoid fogginess on the lenses?

I didnt get foggy so I had fan on only couple of minutes to test the function, but will try to have fan on all the time.
It feels more that is hard to find good spot for screen to be shown without blurriness, its always there less or more. I don´t have wide or narrow face.

Just got fatshark dominator v3 goggles and trying to adjust viewing angles and sharpness of the screen but cannot completely get rid of the blurriness on the edges. Is that to expect or may there just be better and worse examples of this model? Bought it second-hand but they are still under warranty.

I think they have somewhat small screen, did not fly them yet (snowing :-(), but screen resolution is OK when I watched my other flights through them.
Joystick on the top for adjusting the brightness and contrast is unprecise.
Tried to connect AV cable to my TV when watching input from hdmi with cable but could only get sound through, not picture. Is it possible to have picture out when hdmi with cable is engaged?

I payed 380$ for them togheter with dji hdmi output module and the charger for the fatshark battery, I think even for that price the worth of the goggles is questionable, mainly because of that blurriness of the edges. Or maybe I have too high demands.

I haven't noticed this problem with mine. I have read about the edges being a little soft on some.
I noticed that moving them on your head just a bit can help with focus issues.
Mine are used 90% of the time receiving 5.8 Mhz from my race quad. They work awesome for this type of flying.
They may not be the best pic for a Phantom, but I was surprised how well they did work. I had no problem flying close quarters FPV with them.
It shouldn't matter but I pull HDMI from a Nvida K1 Tablet.

I did fly a bunch of indoor FPV this winter with them, Took me a few flights to get used to them. Kinda like getting a new pair of glasses...

I haven't noticed this problem with mine. I have read about the edges being a little soft on some.
I noticed that moving them on your head just a bit can help with focus issues.
Mine are used 90% of the time receiving 5.8 Mhz from my race quad. They work awesome for this type of flying.
They may not be the best pic for a Phantom, but I was surprised how well they did work. I had no problem flying close quarters FPV with them.
It shouldn't matter but I pull HDMI from a Nvida K1 Tablet.

I did fly a bunch of indoor FPV this winter with them, Took me a few flights to get used to them. Kinda like getting a new pair of glasses...

I flew with the goggles today and "soft edges" is good description. Viewing angle is also dependable on how they sit on the face as well. They can be used to but I am not overly impressed.

And then decreased range and poor signal issue when phantom hdmi output module is installed is another thing to consider and try to solve now.. man this hobby is really asking much of one.

Little update on the goggles..
Range and poor signal are not any longer issues, those do work well now with my setup in signature.

They can be used to when it comes to how they sit on the face, although corners of the image cannot be adjusted to be really sharp on my pair.
Biggest issue for me is that screen is somewhat small and just little bit far from the eyes. They do not really help me to fly nearer objects and that "immersing" feeling is not there. That is partially due to low resolution of the screens in the goggles (800x480).
The light in them is good and you see things better then on the tablet when in flight, battery is good and lasts for many flights, fan function is also great.

But for the price.... 3 propellers of 5

Last edited:
I have the Dominator V3's and really like them. I really don't have any blurriness. 1000 times better then trying to read an iPad. I just started to practice flying in the trees below the canopy. I have a long way to go.

I have the Dominator V3's and really like them. I really don't have any blurriness. 1000 times better then trying to read an iPad. I just started to practice flying in the trees below the canopy. I have a long way to go.

Well 1000 better then ipad if you did not have any light shield on ipad at all. I had good sun shade cover on my ipad and then it is not so bad. Also maybe you are training still but your maneuvering on that video does not seem so advanced that it could be related to goggles awesomeness. Dont get me wrong! :)

Last edited:
Well 1000 better then ipad if you did not have any light shield on ipad at all. I had good sun shade cover on my ipad and then it is not so bad. Also maybe you are training still but your maneuvering on that video does not seem so advanced that it could be related to goggles awesomeness. Dont get me wrong! :)

You asked "and what do you think about them?" So I told you ... and then you tell me my answer is wrong ...I knew better then to reply, my bad!

Reactions: Axised
I know what you mean about bluriness vs the two little asjustments black cursors. Difficult to find ideal spot for 'balanced' quality. They are very handy but looking for more recent ones..

By the way FYI I was able to install inside corrective glass lenses with adhesive velcro and works great (took some spare cheap googles and removed the frame).

I know what you mean about bluriness vs the two little asjustments black cursors. Difficult to find ideal spot for 'balanced' quality. They are very handy but looking for more recent ones..

By the way FYI I was able to install inside corrective glass lenses with adhesive velcro and works great (took some spare cheap googles and removed the frame).

One just wanders if it is my example of the goggles or if all of them are a bit difficult to get "balanced" view on...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj