Can you fly Phantom 3 Without Camera & Gimbal?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just bought a phantom and would like to know if anyone has any experience with flying it without the gimbal on it and still being able to use the software on the tablet.

I would like to put a different camera on there. many thanks!

Yes I have a p3p with no gimbal or camera and I fly it no problem.
No you can't seamlessly add a different camera and have fpv

Reactions: James D
You can't use the app. without the gimbal attached because the transmitter responsible for video & telemetry is located in the top part of the gimbal.

You can't use the app. without the gimbal attached because the transmitter responsible for video & telemetry is located in the top part of the gimbal.

That is absolutely not correct as I fly my p3p without ggimbal using dji go app!!
Now if you are talking about p3 standard, I wouldn't know!

Reactions: pilot2
You can definitely fly P3P without Gimbal / Cam.

Very true,

I currently fly my P3 Pro with out gimbal/camera and receive all telemetry except that of the camera settings and FPV of course.

Best,

Kellyj

I recently crashed my P3S and was not able to fly it without the gimbal. Go app would show red Remote Controller Weak Signal and binding the remote would just beep endlessly without success. As a test I hooked up the grey ribbon cable and everything came up fine. Apparently there is something on the gimbal circuit board that is needed in the standard.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj