Can you fly a non Dji battery using the litchi app?

Reaction score
I was bored and on YouTube looking at info on my Phantom 3 pro and noticed something
One of the videos said that it was the go app that detected his battery. But you could still fky just no,fun with out the go app. So is it the same with litchi will it detect a non Dji battery.
All my batteries are Dji. But I am nosy .
So please please not the response about risking your warrenty

My understanding is that battery is identified on aircraft itself, Go app only displays the message.

Looking at the current state of batteries, it may not be worth trying non DJI batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

No problem as I have no warranty on my P3P....

Setting aside whether Litchi might offer a get-round as regards OEM or knock-off batteries, as you know, it's been discussed here many times before http://www.phantompilots.com/search/21238394/?q=non+oem+battery&o=relevance and the general consensus as I understand it is:-

1) Is it worth risking a lot of investment for the sake of saving a few dollars/pounds/whatever your currency may be?

2) Is it worth the risk of, at sometime in the future, your bargain 'cheepo' battery becoming just an expensive paperweight due to a firmware update, even when using Litchi?

Both of the above may never happen in either dji go or Litchi, of course, but are you, as an individual, willing to take the risk of making that possibly bad 'investment'.. (along with the worst scenario of your drone plummeting unexpectedly into who knows where - or onto who knows whom)?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik