Can you fit the quick release prop guard peice that is mounted on the drone in a hard shell backpack

Reaction score
Will the phantom three quick release prop guard thing mounted to the drone itself fit into a hardshell backpack with out the prop guard clipped on ,I do not want to do any modifications to the backpack I Am thinking about buying one off of amazon

Thank you: Mr. Phantom

Happy Flying

No... they wont... but if you plan on using the hardshell backpack you will most likely need to modify it further for other optional equipment anyway...

1) if you mount the gimbal protector you will need to cut two slots in the bottom of the backpack
2) if you use the quick release prop guard you will need to open the area where the end of the arms insert into the backback...

For #1 its super easy... in the bottom of the hardpack you just need to take a sharp knife and cut out a small slot on each side (the width of the gimbal guard)... you won't even notice it is modified when done...
For #2 you take a hot soldering iron and take your time and just start to mold the opening a little bigger all the way around... again... go super slow and it will come out looking and working great.

Then... while you get those two items complete cut a small slot somewhere you would like and you can have a storage slot for your extra memory card/adapter... I cut the slot just infront of the second battery slot... that way the strap keeps the memory card in its place better....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik