Can we hear it for Wyoming... Yahoo!

Reaction score
There must be someone out here with a newfangled flying machine like mine.

I'm in Johnson County.

Anybody out there?

Howdy Iloveroadrash I wasn't sure there was anyone up here... ;)

I know right? Well whereabouts are you located? I'm thinking the needles up in the black hills will make a great flight this summer. You ever come out this way?

The Black Hills are just a couple hours away. I'm on the East side of The Big Horns. Had lunch in Buffalo today while folks were all piling up on each other on I90 just a few miles North of town.

You've got some awesome opportunities and places to fly near Rapid.

I'm up for a meet. Warmer weather would be cool but Iflyanyway.

Going to Bighorn National Forest to ride ATV's in late July this year. I'm from Missouri, but we make the drive out west every year. This year I have a Phantom 2 Vision PLUS. Wonder if we could meet up, or just some hints on good places to fly or ride. Thanks!

You bet I can suggest great places for both flying and riding.
Are you headed up 16 through Buffalo, or up 14 through Ranchester/Sheridan?
There are a couple other roads, Crazy Woman Canyon, and Red Grade, but they are quite the challenge.

Last edited:
Looks like 90 through buffalo up to Sheridan. If that makes sense.

We are up for a challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, that's the Interstate, passes right through Buffalo, and I25 starts right there and goes South.

Well, From around Sheridan it's Red Grade, unpaved, no guardrails, 2,000 feet down, if you go over the edge. Pass Sheridan a bit and turn at Ranchester to get on Highway 14. That's a nice drive to and through beautiful country. If you go down the other side on 14, you will travel through a beautiful gorge. Very scenic. If you go down the other side on 14A, it will take you right over Big Horn Reservoir.

Sounds like you plan to stay on the mountain though. Yes, No, Maybe?
I'll go on from there.

Google Earth might help.

Looking at staying just south of burgess junction. Riding four wheelers and taking phantom with me. Leaving in 4 weeks. Ever been anywhere near there?

Dropped Pin
near Owen Creek Campground, Bighorn National Forest, Forest Rte 236, Dayton, WY 82836
https://www.google.com/maps?q=44.704872,-107.500635&hl=en&gl=us

Yep, been there seen that.

Beautiful country, not much more I can say. Cool, sometimes even COLD nights. Weather changes quicker than you can run. I've covered quite a bit of ground up there. Definitely worth seeing. Even on a 4 wheeler, you can only see a very small portion in a day.

Moose are big and beautiful, but don't get too close.

Yeah, also be on the lookout for Rambo.. :D
That was like "Instant Justice". In Wyoming, and I think 49 other states, harassing wildlife will get you in hot water. It just takes someone with a video of you doing it.

Reactions: dirkclod
Good question about where that was. Maybe BOT knows. Our sheep look a bit different than that one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair