can view vidoes/pics while flying but not on DJI album to download

Reaction score
i've been home on hawaii (o'ahu} for a bit and been taking some videos around the island. i was able to view/preview all my videos on my iPad (w/ the DJI app) to choose which ones to download so i can put a clip together.

somehow the last couple of days i'm not able to preview the videos on the app. i can still view/preview all the images if i just use the card and view the images through my laptop. just saving myself the extra work since the editing software i have is on my iPad and not on my Windows laptop.

anyone have idea(s)/suggestion(s)? have tried DJI support but we all know how that goes. thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5258.PNG
    IMG_5258.PNG
    108 KB · Views: 336
Same issue I have to download any footage to even see my pictures or videos
mine just happened recently. i was able to view/preview and download before but now i can't preview...just download. looking for solutions at the moment. just tried to reach DJI (no help/answer) and also called Drones Plus/US Hobby Las Vegas (they were no help either and just suggested to get a new one! some help!)

I totally understand NO HELP at all from the biggest drone company in the world very sad ...and for them to tell you get a new one it's all about $ BS

I know one thing you must have a high altitude SD card or you will lose all your footage In pictures I just purchased one from Best Buy For 20 bucks I'll test it out today and get back with you

I totally understand NO HELP at all from the biggest drone company in the world very sad ...and for them to tell you get a new one it's all about $ BS
to be clear...it's hard/practically impossible to contact DJI...

Drones Plus/US Hobby is listed in the DJI Website for support but they're the ones who told me I should just get a new one and they can't help me. I sort of thought they would help...even a little or suggest another contact.

From experience never ask for Support over the phone face to face I have a 70 percent chance I'm getting help

Keep in mind anybody selling DJI has the purchase $10,000 minimum order so of course they would tell you to get a new one in person they're going to try to sell you something that would help you or suggest

face to face support is difficult to get/manage/arrange given the amount i travel.

i use Sandisk Extreme Pro 32GB Micro SD cards.

i also buy all my electronics from B&H. i have peace of mind they support ALL products they sell one way or another...replace/refund/repair.

Reactions: robert stephens
Ok I use the 8 to test I losing video an pictures ever 3 flights so I was told to get wht u have but seems that you still having issues so will I ...its a software engineer issue

Try re-formating SD card from app, not from laptop. It worked when I lost video preview in my 16 Gb Sandisk Class 10 card.

Try re-formating SD card from app, not from laptop. It worked when I lost video preview in my 16 Gb Sandisk Class 10 card.
i can see if that will work although i use several cards (4) and tried them all. same issue.

i can view/preview the videos while flying but can't preview before downloading. i can only download them straight to my computer and not my iPad where i have been transferring via Wifi through the DJI app. i also tried to use my iphone 5s and 6plus to see if it was the app itself. same issue...no previews before downloading.

so the issue seems to be that i can view/preview videos if the setting is ONLY UP TO 1080p 30fps on the iphone 5s, 6+, & iPad. you can't view/preview the max resolution videos (1080i/60fps) before downloading. not sure if that's a DJI app issue.

for now i guess i'll have to settle for the slightly lower resolution if i want to be able to preview and download on my iPhones/iPad and not have to use my computer to the higher resolution videos.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1